- 8 hrs ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 9 hrs ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 10 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offers On Motorola G40 Fusion, G60, E7 Power, Motorola Razr, And More
- Sports Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dhananjaya guide Sri Lanka to a series-levelling win over depleted Indian side
- Movies Mohanlal To Shed 15 Kilos For His Sports Movie, Confirms Director Priyadarshan
- News Coronavirus cases: Gujarat govt eases lockdown restrictions; Allows 400 people in open ceremonies
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 has been launched in the Indian market. Mercedes-Benz has launched the GLS 600 Maybach in the Indian market with a price tag of Rs 2.43 Crore. The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 is one of the most luxurious vehicles in the world and has been launched in the Indian market for the very first time.
The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 was first unveiled at the 2019 Guangzhou International Motor Show. It was then launched in several international markets in 2020. Now, Mercedes-Benz has launched the ultra-luxurious SUV in the Indian market. It features a host of changes over the standard SUV including bespoke features seldom seen on SUVs.
Up front are a set of LED Matrix headlamps with an imposing grille in between. The GLS 600 Maybach features loads of exterior trim pieces finished in chrome. This includes the large vertical slat grille, window surrounds, side-step, design accents on the front and rear bumpers, roof rails and exhaust tips. The grille even gets the Maybach logo inscribed on it.
The large 23-inch brushed multi-spoke wheels draw one's attention when the SUV is viewed from the side. Buyers can choose between a dual-tone paint scheme and a single-tone paint scheme. Mercedes-Maybach offers a host of customisation options when it comes to styling. These customisation options ensure you arrive in style.
The real purpose of a Maybach car is keeping its occupants in comfort. This, the GLS 600 Maybach does perfectly. As aforementioned, it features a whole host of bespoke material and features. In the back of the SUV are completely power operated fully reclining leather seats for maximum luxury. These seats also offer ventilation and massaging functions.
The rear seats also have a brilliant multimedia experience. Two large screens have been placed in the back for maximum entertainment. Another tablet has been placed in the centre and that lets the rear passengers control various aspects of the car. This includes audio, climate control, ambient lighting, sunshades and even navigation.
The occupants at the rear also get folding tables and a refrigerator. Some of the other interior features include a large panoramic moonroof, a 12.3-inch MBUX infotainment system, and 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, Burmester surround sound system, LED optical fibre ambient lighting with 64 colours and the list goes on.
The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 bi-turbo engine. It has a maximum power output of 550bhp between 6,000rpm and 6,500rpm and a peak torque output of 730Nm between 2,500rpm and 3,500rpm. The engine also features an integrated EQ Boost starter-generator, which contributes an additional 21bhp and 249Nm.
A 9G-TRONIC automatic gearbox handles transmission duties with power being sent to all four wheels via the Mercedes 4Matic AWD system. The Maybach GLS 600 can accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 4.9 seconds and it will go on to an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
The GLS 600 uses an e-active body control suspension system. A camera scans the road ahead and feeds the imagery into an onboard computer. This control unit then makes adjustments to the suspension to cope with the road ahead. This enables the premium luxury SUV to have an ultra-smooth ride.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 Being Launched In India
Mercedes-Maybach cars exude a certain sense of luxury and ‘Russian Mafia Boss' feels like no other cars on the planet. This GLS 600 seems like the big daddy of all luxury SUVs, not just in size and presence but also in terms of the feel it offers its occupants.
The only thing that seems to be missing is bulletproofing, however Mercedes-Maybach wouldn't mind offering even that as a custom option! This simply is the best in its class.