- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Monsoon advances into parts of Haryana, Punjab ahead of schedule
- Sports Mankad among 10 ICC Hall of Fame special inductees ahead of WTC final
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Mercedes-Benz is all set to use green steel in its vehicles from 2025. This is a part of the initiatives from Mercedes-Benz to become carbon-neutral. In order to introduce carbon-di-oxide-free steel into series production, Mercedes-Benz has partnered with H2 Green Steel (H2GS).
Every single automobile manufacturer in the world is looking for ways to become more environment-friendly. All of them have come to the conclusion that electric vehicles are the way forward and all manufacturers are working towards an electric future.
Mercedes-Benz too is working on electric vehicles. The brand has already revealed a few electric vehicles and is developing many more. The brand will eventually have an all-electric lineup and this sounds very promising indeed.
Unlike most other brands though, Mercedes-Benz is also working on other methods of reducing pollution. For several years now, the German auto giant has been compensating for carbon production by planting more trees. Now though, it is looking to reduce/prevent carbon emissions wherever possible.
Now, Mercedes-Benz has revealed that it is looking to introduce green steel in its series production across all product lines. The current methods used to produce steel are Blast Furnace or Electric Arc Furnace.
Without getting into the details of how steel is produced using these methods, we can say that both methods of producing automotive-grade steel produces a lot of carbon emissions. This is where the new method incorporated by H2 Green Steel comes to the rescue.
H2 Green Steel was established in 2020 with an aim to build a large-scale fossil-free production facility for steel in Sweden. H2 Green Steel claims it will produce five million tons of fossil-fuel-free steel by 2030, thereby decarbonising most of the European steel industry.
Hydrogen from renewable energy sources are used in the production of green steel. Mercedes-Benz will use green steel in its vehicles from 2025.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Using Green Steel To Make Cars
It does seem like the blokes at Mercedes-Benz do really think of every single detail. It was very easy for Mercedes-Benz to produce some good electric vehicles and let it be just that. However, the German brand is really going to great lengths to make sure that even the metal used in the construction of their cars is made in an environment-friendly manner.