- 10 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 14 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 17 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offer On New Apple iPhones
- Movies Exclusive: Rumi Jaffery Writes On Sushant Singh Rajput - Read His Heartfelt Note
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Mercedes-Benz has previewed the Concept EQT for the first time ever and it will be the 9th model to receive the all-electric makeover under Mercedes' EQ sub-brand. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT is the electric-only version based on the upcoming Mercedes-Benz T-Class, which in turn is based on the second-generation Citan LCV platform.
Speaking of platforms, the LCV platform in question is jointly developed by Mercedes-Benz and Renault to underpin the Mercedes-Benz Citan and Renault's third-generation Kangoo. In the looks department, the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT looks very premium despite the MPV-like silhouette.
Up front there is a black panel with a 3D star effect combined with slim LED headlamps, while the rear houses full-width LED tail lamps. The premium look is further enhanced by the use of 21-inch wheels shod by 235-section low profile tyres, panoramic glass roof and a leather-lined interior.
At a length of 4,945mm, width of 1,863mm, and height of 1,826mm, the Exterior dimensions are slightly larger than its main rival - Volkswagen Caddy Maxi. The interiors also translate to a similar space and sport white Nappa leather interior. There is also Mercedes's latest MBUX operating system.
However, we expect production versions to tone down a bit on luxury in favour of durability and practicality. Safety features include automatic emergency braking, lane assist, cross wind assist, trailer stability control and adaptive cruise control with traffic assistance.
Even though there are no official details regarding the powertrain being used, we suspect Mercedes-Benz to mirror an identical powertrain as Renault's Kagoo, which includes a 115bhp, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine with different states of tune ranging from 75hp to 110hp.
The Concept EQT, which is the electric-only version, will receive a 102bhp electric motor with a 45kWh battery, which will give it a claimed range of 265kms under the WLTP cycle.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT Being Revealed
While Mercedes-Benz already has V-Class as the brand's sole MPV, Mercedes plans to expand its customer base with an affordable range of smaller T-Class MPV and all-electric EQT. This is a brilliant move and we do feel that the EQT will have many takers.