- 47 min ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 7 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 8 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary vs France Stats Highlights: Hungary hold France to 1-1 draw
- News Karnataka eases lockdown restrictions: Restaurants, shops to open till 5 pm
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Movies Maanaadu: Meherezylaa Song Teaser Promises A Unique Romantic Number!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
Mercedes-Benz has previewed the Concept EQT for the first time ever and it will be the 9th model to receive the all-electric makeover under Mercedes' EQ sub-brand. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT is the electric-only version based on the upcoming Mercedes-Benz T-Class, which in turn is based on the second-generation Citan LCV platform.
Speaking of platforms, the LCV platform in question is jointly developed by Mercedes-Benz and Renault to underpin the Mercedes-Benz Citan and Renault's third-generation Kangoo. In the looks department, the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT looks very premium despite the MPV-like silhouette.
Up front there is a black panel with a 3D star effect combined with slim LED headlamps, while the rear houses full-width LED tail lamps. The premium look is further enhanced by the use of 21-inch wheels shod by 235-section low profile tyres, panoramic glass roof and a leather-lined interior.
At a length of 4,945mm, width of 1,863mm, and height of 1,826mm, the Exterior dimensions are slightly larger than its main rival - Volkswagen Caddy Maxi. The interiors also translate to a similar space and sport white Nappa leather interior. There is also Mercedes's latest MBUX operating system.
However, we expect production versions to tone down a bit on luxury in favour of durability and practicality. Safety features include automatic emergency braking, lane assist, cross wind assist, trailer stability control and adaptive cruise control with traffic assistance.
Even though there are no official details regarding the powertrain being used, we suspect Mercedes-Benz to mirror an identical powertrain as Renault's Kagoo, which includes a 115bhp, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine with different states of tune ranging from 75hp to 110hp.
The Concept EQT, which is the electric-only version, will receive a 102bhp electric motor with a 45kWh battery, which will give it a claimed range of 265kms under the WLTP cycle.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT Being Revealed
While Mercedes-Benz already has V-Class as the brand's sole MPV, Mercedes plans to expand its customer base with an affordable range of smaller T-Class MPV and all-electric EQT. This is a brilliant move and we do feel that the EQT will have many takers.