- 9 hrs ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 10 hrs ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 11 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offers On Motorola G40 Fusion, G60, E7 Power, Motorola Razr, And More
- Sports Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dhananjaya guide Sri Lanka to a series-levelling win over depleted Indian side
- Movies Mohanlal To Shed 15 Kilos For His Sports Movie, Confirms Director Priyadarshan
- News Coronavirus cases: Gujarat govt eases lockdown restrictions; Allows 400 people in open ceremonies
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The British Supercar manufacturer, McLaren Automotive has launched the GT, 720S and the 720S Spider in the Indian market. The McLaren GT is currently the brand's entry-level Supercar offering in the country that features a price tag of Rs 3.72 Crore, ex-showroom (India).
The 720S and the 720S Spider are placed above the GT and retail at Rs 4.65 crore and Rs 5.04 crore, ex-showroom (India), respectively. The company is also allowing Indian buyers to configure the new McLaren Artura, however, prices for the upcoming Supercar is yet to be announced.
All McLaren Supercars will be arriving in the Indian market as (CBUs) Completely Built-Up units. The company is taking advantage of the new import rules announced in India, which dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation.
However, all vehicles imported into the country will have to meet International Automotive Standards. This will help reduce the costs and streamline the import of vehicles into the country. The demand for exotic and perfromance cars and bikes have increased in the Indian market. McLaren is set to start its journey in India to rival Ferrari and Lamborghini who have been present in our market for years.
The heritage and the background of McLaren Supercar go beyond roadworthy machines. The company also owns one of the most successful Formula 1 racing team. Some of the technologies and precision engineering from the Formula 1 have trickled down to their road-going cars.
Speaking about the McLaren GT, the Supercar is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine. It produces a maximum of 612bhp at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 630Nm at 6500rpm; mated to a 7-speed SSG gearbox. The GT tips the scale at 1,530kg (kerb). The Supercar can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in 3.2seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 326kmph.
Similarly, the McLaren 720S and the 720S Spider are also powered by the 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine. However, the engine on the 720S models uses electrically actuated twin-scroll turbochargers to produce more power than the GT.
It produces a maximum of 710bhp at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 770Nm at 5500rpm mated to a 7-speed SSG gearbox. The 720S and the 720S Spider weighs 1,419kg and 1,468kg, respectively.
Despite being slightly heavier with a convertible roof on the 720S Spider as compared to the 720S, the performance of both models is very similar. The 0 to 100kmph acceleration times are rated at 2.9 seconds, while both cars can hit top speeds of 341kmph.
All McLaren Supercars are highly customisable to match the taste and preference of the buyer. They can choose from a host of options to make the Supercar have a unique taste. This includes customisable interiors, exteriors and features.
Thoughts About The McLaren GT, 720S, & 720S Spider Launched In India
After initial rumours of McLaren entering India back in 2020, the brand has finally joined its Italian and German rivals in the country. The company has announced the prices of the GT, 720S, & 720S Spider. However, the company will also be launching the brand's latest model Artura at a later date.