- 1 hr ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 6 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 24 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Movies Pratik Gandhi On Why He Chose Bhavai Script
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Sports Messi ruled out of PSG's next match through injury, doubtful to face Guardiola's Man City
- News Narendra Modi, French President Macron discuss Indo-Pacific cooperation, Afghanistan crisis
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Education MHT CET Admit Card 2021 Released For PCB Group, Download Hall Ticket From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
- Finance Pension Alert: Dearness Relief For These CPF Beneficiaries Hiked To 356% Of Basic Ex-Gratia
Maruti Suzuki seems to be gearing up to launch the Swift and the Dzire CNG variants in India. Both models will feature the brand S-CNG technology and are expected to be powered by the 1.2-litre petrol engine.
Maruti Suzuki is a brand that currently offers the widest range of CNG vehicles in the country. The company currently offers the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre CNG-enabled petrol engines across various models in the line-up.
The company also offers the 1.2-litre petrol engine, which currently powers the Eeco CNG MPV. However, according to the recent reports, the upcoming Swift and the Dzire CNG variants will feature a 1.2-litre Dual-Jet VVT engine, which will be made compliant to handle mixed-fuels.
If Maruti decided to make the 1.2-litre Dual-Jet VVT engine CNG compliant, it could produce slightly lesser power and torque figures. The petrol engine currently dishes out 88bhp at 6,000rpm and 113Nm at 4400rpm. The engine could produce 10 per cent lesser power and torque figures operating under CNG fuel.
As mentioned earlier, the company will also use its S-CNG technology to optimize the performance of the engine. Maruti Suzuki S-CNG cars come equipped with Dual Interdependent ECU with Intelligent Injection System. It ensures better and consistent performance along with high fuel efficiency across all terrains.
The Swift and the Dzire CNG variants are expected to be offered in a couple of variants and are expected to carry a slight premium over the petrol-only powered counterparts.
The Swift petrol currently retails between Rs 5.81 lakh and Rs 8.42 lakh, ex-showroom. While the Dzire petrol costs between Rs 5.98 lakh and Rs 9.02 lakh, ex-showroom. The CNG variants of both models are expected to be priced at around Rs 90,000 more than the respective petrol variants.
Apart from the new CNG-enabled engine, the rest of the features on the hatchback and the compact-sedan will remain the same. This includes the brand's touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay wireless smartphone connectivity.
Regarding the brand's current CNG line-up, Maruti Suzuki currently offers a factory-fitted CNG variant of the S-Presso, Celerio, WagonR, Eeco, Alto and the Ertiga for private buyers. However, the company also offers CNG variants for commercial use such as Tour S, the Tour V, the Eeco Cargo and the Super Carry.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Swift & Dzire CNG India Launch Soon
With the fuel prices currently at an all-time high in the country, motorists are looking for alternative-fueled powered vehicles. As a result, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to expand its cost-effective CNG line-up by adding some of the popular models such as the Swift and the Dzire.