- 12 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- 16 hrs ago TVS Ventures Into Personal E-Mobility Business With EGO Movement; All-Cash Deal Through Its Subsidiary
- 19 hrs ago Tata Safari Gold Edition Launched In India At Rs 21.89 Lakh: Two Variants, Leather Seats Available
- 21 hrs ago Ather Energy Opens Its Biggest Retail Showroom In Coimbatore; Third Ather Space In Tamilnadu
- Sports Is Anil Kumble returning as India head coach? Ravi Shastri may not get extension after T20 World Cup
- Finance LIC Launches Mobile App Pragati For Real-time Data
- Lifestyle Vitamin D May Protect Severe Covid Infection, Death: Study
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Neha Bhasin Says ‘My Husband Has Strictly Told Me To Stay Away From Divya Agarwal’
- News The full list of recommendations made by the GST Council
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S22 Likely To Pack A smaller Battery Than Its Predecessor
- Travel 10 Stunning Places To Visit In Winter In Kerala
- Education AFCAT Result 2021: Check IAF AFCAT Exam Result 2021 Link And Cut-off
Maruti Suzuki will be launching a host of models this financial year. According to the latest reports, the company is planning to add a seven-seater MPV to the premium NEXA dealership's line-up.
The new model is expected to be the seven-seater variant of the XL6, which is expected to be called the XL7. The company currently offers the MPV in a seven-seater model already in the Indonesian market, which was introduced in February 2020.
However, the XL6 7-seater MPV could be offered with a host of changes over the 6-seater model. This includes newly-designed alloy wheels with slightly wider tyres, a contrasting black roof, a rear spoiler and the model badging.
The Indonesia-spec XL7 also features a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system over the XL6 model in India.
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
- IRVM with rear camera display
- Foldable armrest
The updated MPV could feature other cosmetic changes and feature upgrades like an updated seat upholstery and more.
The seven-seater MPV will feature a boot space of 803-litres with third and second row folded, and 550-litres with just the third row folded. With all rows up, the MPV is expected to offer 153-litres boot space — which is 111-litre more than the XL6.
The XL6 is expected to be offered with the same engine and transmission options as the XL6. The MPV is currently powered by the 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) mild-hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 103bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 138Nm at 4400rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed transmission or a four-speed torque converter automatic.
It is also expected to feature a host of safety features on the MPV. This includes dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, reverse parking sensors, a high-speed warning alert, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ABS with EBS, ESP, and a hill-hold function.
Apart from the upcoming seven-seater MPV a.k.a XL7, Maruti Suzuki is also expected to launch other models such as the new-generation Celerio hatchback, facelifted Vitara Brezza compact SUV, the new-generation Baleno premium hatchback and also an updated Ertiga.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon
The demand for three-row practical vehicles is increasing in the country. Maruti Suzuki currently offers the XL6 and the Ertiga in the Indian market catering to the demand. However, the XL6 is only offered as 6-seater. As a result, the company could add a new seven-seater variant or launch a new model called the XL7 in India sometime next year.
Source: Autocar India