- 3 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 6 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 11 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Sports IPL 2021, RR vs PBKS: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Winner Is Arjun Bijlani? Netizens Congratulate The Naagin Star Ahead Of KKK 11 Finale
- News Afghanistan crisis, China's assertiveness, ways to contain terrorism to figure in Modi-Biden talks
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Maruti Suzuki will be launching a host of models this financial year. According to the latest reports, the company is planning to add a seven-seater MPV to the premium NEXA dealership's line-up.
The new model is expected to be the seven-seater variant of the XL6, which is expected to be called the XL7. The company currently offers the MPV in a seven-seater model already in the Indonesian market, which was introduced in February 2020.
However, the XL6 7-seater MPV could be offered with a host of changes over the 6-seater model. This includes newly-designed alloy wheels with slightly wider tyres, a contrasting black roof, a rear spoiler and the model badging.
The Indonesia-spec XL7 also features a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system over the XL6 model in India.
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
- IRVM with rear camera display
- Foldable armrest
The updated MPV could feature other cosmetic changes and feature upgrades like an updated seat upholstery and more.
The seven-seater MPV will feature a boot space of 803-litres with third and second row folded, and 550-litres with just the third row folded. With all rows up, the MPV is expected to offer 153-litres boot space — which is 111-litre more than the XL6.
The XL6 is expected to be offered with the same engine and transmission options as the XL6. The MPV is currently powered by the 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) mild-hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 103bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 138Nm at 4400rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed transmission or a four-speed torque converter automatic.
It is also expected to feature a host of safety features on the MPV. This includes dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, reverse parking sensors, a high-speed warning alert, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ABS with EBS, ESP, and a hill-hold function.
Apart from the upcoming seven-seater MPV a.k.a XL7, Maruti Suzuki is also expected to launch other models such as the new-generation Celerio hatchback, facelifted Vitara Brezza compact SUV, the new-generation Baleno premium hatchback and also an updated Ertiga.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon
The demand for three-row practical vehicles is increasing in the country. Maruti Suzuki currently offers the XL6 and the Ertiga in the Indian market catering to the demand. However, the XL6 is only offered as 6-seater. As a result, the company could add a new seven-seater variant or launch a new model called the XL7 in India sometime next year.
Source: Autocar India