- 21 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 1 day ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- News CJI Ramana supports demand for 50% reservation for women in judiciary
- Movies Aamir Khan To Release Laal Singh Chaddha In Cinemas On Valentine’s Day, 2022!
- Sports Hamilton 100: Landmark Lewis achievement in Opta numbers
- Finance 8 Countries Where Rupee Is Stronger
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Maruti Suzuki will be launching a host of models this financial year. According to the latest reports, the company is planning to add a seven-seater MPV to the premium NEXA dealership's line-up.
The new model is expected to be the seven-seater variant of the XL6, which is expected to be called the XL7. The company currently offers the MPV in a seven-seater model already in the Indonesian market, which was introduced in February 2020.
However, the XL6 7-seater MPV could be offered with a host of changes over the 6-seater model. This includes newly-designed alloy wheels with slightly wider tyres, a contrasting black roof, a rear spoiler and the model badging.
The Indonesia-spec XL7 also features a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system over the XL6 model in India.
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
- IRVM with rear camera display
- Foldable armrest
The updated MPV could feature other cosmetic changes and feature upgrades like an updated seat upholstery and more.
The seven-seater MPV will feature a boot space of 803-litres with third and second row folded, and 550-litres with just the third row folded. With all rows up, the MPV is expected to offer 153-litres boot space — which is 111-litre more than the XL6.
The XL6 is expected to be offered with the same engine and transmission options as the XL6. The MPV is currently powered by the 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) mild-hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 103bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 138Nm at 4400rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed transmission or a four-speed torque converter automatic.
It is also expected to feature a host of safety features on the MPV. This includes dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, reverse parking sensors, a high-speed warning alert, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ABS with EBS, ESP, and a hill-hold function.
Apart from the upcoming seven-seater MPV a.k.a XL7, Maruti Suzuki is also expected to launch other models such as the new-generation Celerio hatchback, facelifted Vitara Brezza compact SUV, the new-generation Baleno premium hatchback and also an updated Ertiga.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon
The demand for three-row practical vehicles is increasing in the country. Maruti Suzuki currently offers the XL6 and the Ertiga in the Indian market catering to the demand. However, the XL6 is only offered as 6-seater. As a result, the company could add a new seven-seater variant or launch a new model called the XL7 in India sometime next year.
Source: Autocar India