- 8 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 14 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Finance Auto and Media Stock To Buy From Broking Firm Sharekhan For Good Gains
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition launched in India. Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced a new special edition of its tall-boy, the WagonR called 'Xtra.' It is based on the VXi variant of the hatchback and comes with a few additional options.
The additional kit that comes with the WagonR xtra adds Rs 23,000 to the ex-showroom price of the hatch. It is purely a cosmetic upgrade and comes with additions like front and rear bumper protectors, side skirts, wheel arch cladding, body side moulding and chrome garnishes on the front grille, back door and number plate.
Further adding to the additional kit is an "interior styling kit" that consists of an air inflator, trunk organiser, etc. This ‘Xtra' kit will be fitted at the dealer level. According to Maruti, the same kit is available individually as a part of its genuine accessories range. However, it will cost the buyer Rs 33,000, which is around Rs 10.000 more if it is not bought as part of Xtra Edition.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition can either be specced with a 68hp, 1.0-litre petrol engine or a more powerful 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is one of the longest continuing car nameplates in the country. Many brands have tried their best to get a sizable chunk of the WagonR's sales in India. All that was to no avail. Currently, the WagonR rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago and Hyundai Santro.
However, the biggest competitor for WagonR has always been internal competition from other Maruti Suzuki cars.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Being Launched
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has always been a great choice as a first car. The tall-boy design along with short overhangs, spacious interiors, and frugal engines have always been the strength of WagonR. The special edition only adds to the strength of the WagonR and those aiming at the VXi model are sure to find the ‘Xtra' edition attractive.