- 10 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Sports IPL 2021: Ruturaj Gaikwad steals the show as he becomes highest individual scorer for CSK against Mumbai
- News PDP to fight upcoming assembly elections in J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Movies Amazon Prime Video Announces The Premiere Of Prithviraj Starrer Bhramam On 7th October
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition launched in India. Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced a new special edition of its tall-boy, the WagonR called 'Xtra.' It is based on the VXi variant of the hatchback and comes with a few additional options.
The additional kit that comes with the WagonR xtra adds Rs 23,000 to the ex-showroom price of the hatch. It is purely a cosmetic upgrade and comes with additions like front and rear bumper protectors, side skirts, wheel arch cladding, body side moulding and chrome garnishes on the front grille, back door and number plate.
Further adding to the additional kit is an "interior styling kit" that consists of an air inflator, trunk organiser, etc. This ‘Xtra' kit will be fitted at the dealer level. According to Maruti, the same kit is available individually as a part of its genuine accessories range. However, it will cost the buyer Rs 33,000, which is around Rs 10.000 more if it is not bought as part of Xtra Edition.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition can either be specced with a 68hp, 1.0-litre petrol engine or a more powerful 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is one of the longest continuing car nameplates in the country. Many brands have tried their best to get a sizable chunk of the WagonR's sales in India. All that was to no avail. Currently, the WagonR rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago and Hyundai Santro.
However, the biggest competitor for WagonR has always been internal competition from other Maruti Suzuki cars.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Being Launched
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has always been a great choice as a first car. The tall-boy design along with short overhangs, spacious interiors, and frugal engines have always been the strength of WagonR. The special edition only adds to the strength of the WagonR and those aiming at the VXi model are sure to find the ‘Xtra' edition attractive.