- 16 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 21 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 24 hrs ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Finance LIC IPO: DIPAM Shortlists Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas As Legal Advisor
- News Canada lifts ban on direct flights from India
- Sports IPL 2021: Batsmen gave us good feedback on bowling right lengths against RR, says DC pacer Nortje
- Movies When John Abraham Revealed How Shah Rukh Khan Reacted When He Rejected Farah Khan's Happy New Year
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Lifestyle From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition launched in India. Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced a new special edition of its tall-boy, the WagonR called 'Xtra.' It is based on the VXi variant of the hatchback and comes with a few additional options.
The additional kit that comes with the WagonR xtra adds Rs 23,000 to the ex-showroom price of the hatch. It is purely a cosmetic upgrade and comes with additions like front and rear bumper protectors, side skirts, wheel arch cladding, body side moulding and chrome garnishes on the front grille, back door and number plate.
Further adding to the additional kit is an "interior styling kit" that consists of an air inflator, trunk organiser, etc. This ‘Xtra' kit will be fitted at the dealer level. According to Maruti, the same kit is available individually as a part of its genuine accessories range. However, it will cost the buyer Rs 33,000, which is around Rs 10.000 more if it is not bought as part of Xtra Edition.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition can either be specced with a 68hp, 1.0-litre petrol engine or a more powerful 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is one of the longest continuing car nameplates in the country. Many brands have tried their best to get a sizable chunk of the WagonR's sales in India. All that was to no avail. Currently, the WagonR rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago and Hyundai Santro.
However, the biggest competitor for WagonR has always been internal competition from other Maruti Suzuki cars.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Being Launched
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has always been a great choice as a first car. The tall-boy design along with short overhangs, spacious interiors, and frugal engines have always been the strength of WagonR. The special edition only adds to the strength of the WagonR and those aiming at the VXi model are sure to find the ‘Xtra' edition attractive.