- 6 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 9 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 14 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals pacer Kartik Tyagi ecstatic after match-winning final over against Punjab Kings
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Realme, Poco, Samsung, Oppo, Motorola Planed To Launch New Smartphones
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Winner Is Arjun Bijlani? Netizens Congratulate The Naagin Star Ahead Of KKK 11 Finale
- News Afghanistan crisis, China's assertiveness, ways to contain terrorism to figure in Modi-Biden talks
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition launched in India. Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced a new special edition of its tall-boy, the WagonR called 'Xtra.' It is based on the VXi variant of the hatchback and comes with a few additional options.
The additional kit that comes with the WagonR xtra adds Rs 23,000 to the ex-showroom price of the hatch. It is purely a cosmetic upgrade and comes with additions like front and rear bumper protectors, side skirts, wheel arch cladding, body side moulding and chrome garnishes on the front grille, back door and number plate.
Further adding to the additional kit is an "interior styling kit" that consists of an air inflator, trunk organiser, etc. This ‘Xtra' kit will be fitted at the dealer level. According to Maruti, the same kit is available individually as a part of its genuine accessories range. However, it will cost the buyer Rs 33,000, which is around Rs 10.000 more if it is not bought as part of Xtra Edition.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition can either be specced with a 68hp, 1.0-litre petrol engine or a more powerful 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is one of the longest continuing car nameplates in the country. Many brands have tried their best to get a sizable chunk of the WagonR's sales in India. All that was to no avail. Currently, the WagonR rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago and Hyundai Santro.
However, the biggest competitor for WagonR has always been internal competition from other Maruti Suzuki cars.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Being Launched
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has always been a great choice as a first car. The tall-boy design along with short overhangs, spacious interiors, and frugal engines have always been the strength of WagonR. The special edition only adds to the strength of the WagonR and those aiming at the VXi model are sure to find the ‘Xtra' edition attractive.