- 1 hr ago Toyota Yaris Discontinued In India; Toyota Belta Coming Soon
- 17 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 19 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 22 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Atrangi Re: Still Mulling Over Whether It Should Be A Theatrical Release Or An OTT Release
- Sports Tokyo Olympics campaign taught us that glory comes at a price: Gurjant Singh
- Technology Google Meet Live Transcriptions In Beta Testing: Steps To Switch On Live Captions On Google Meet
- News MAN OF STEEL: A LOOK INTO RIKAYAA ENTERPRISES' YASH GUPTA'S JOURNEY
- Finance These Special Fixed Deposit Schemes Ending In September: Should You Invest?
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
- Education JNVST Result 2021 Declared For Class 6 And Class 11, Check Result Link
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition launched in India. Maruti Suzuki has silently introduced a new special edition of its tall-boy, the WagonR called 'Xtra.' It is based on the VXi variant of the hatchback and comes with a few additional options.
The additional kit that comes with the WagonR xtra adds Rs 23,000 to the ex-showroom price of the hatch. It is purely a cosmetic upgrade and comes with additions like front and rear bumper protectors, side skirts, wheel arch cladding, body side moulding and chrome garnishes on the front grille, back door and number plate.
Further adding to the additional kit is an "interior styling kit" that consists of an air inflator, trunk organiser, etc. This ‘Xtra' kit will be fitted at the dealer level. According to Maruti, the same kit is available individually as a part of its genuine accessories range. However, it will cost the buyer Rs 33,000, which is around Rs 10.000 more if it is not bought as part of Xtra Edition.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition can either be specced with a 68hp, 1.0-litre petrol engine or a more powerful 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is one of the longest continuing car nameplates in the country. Many brands have tried their best to get a sizable chunk of the WagonR's sales in India. All that was to no avail. Currently, the WagonR rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago and Hyundai Santro.
However, the biggest competitor for WagonR has always been internal competition from other Maruti Suzuki cars.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Being Launched
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has always been a great choice as a first car. The tall-boy design along with short overhangs, spacious interiors, and frugal engines have always been the strength of WagonR. The special edition only adds to the strength of the WagonR and those aiming at the VXi model are sure to find the ‘Xtra' edition attractive.