- 14 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 18 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 19 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News Alisha Patel, first trans woman to be recognized by Gujarat govt, gets transgender identity card
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 July 24 Highlights: Arjun Bijlani, Shweta Tiwari, Sourabh Raj Win Lockets!
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Defending champion Andy Murray withdraws from singles with quad issue
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
It is no secret that Maruti Suzuki was working on a facelift version of the WagonR in India. A recent spy video showcases the WagornR facelift in its production-ready guise ahead of its launch in the country.
However, it is still unclear if it will be an all-new model for the brand's premium Nexa line-up or a replacement for the existing model sold at Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms. While this is the question most are asking, the spy video by MRD Cars also reveals the test mule wearing Toyota badging.
Starting with the design changes on the facelifted WagonR, it features an all-new front fascia. The test mule of the upcoming tall-riding hatchback features a split-style headlamp design with DRLs placed on top and main headlamps placed at the bottom.
The test mule also features fog lamp units, which are placed way down the bumper below the main headlamp units. The fog lamps are integrated into the lower radiator grille. While the upper section of the grille combines DRLs on either side creating a seamless look.
The side profile of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR facelift or XL5 hatchback remains similar to the outgoing model. The test mule also reveals the rear design, which has undergone subtle changes. This includes an all-new rear bumper design with a two-tone look. The rest of the features at the rear remains unchanged.
Also, as mentioned before, the test mule of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR facelift or XL5 hatchback is wearing a Toyota badge. The alloy wheels, which seems to have been taken from Maruti Suzuki Ignis features a Toyota centre cap.
This indicates that Toyota could also sell the facelift model of the hatchback at the time of its launch in the Indian market. This is no surprise as the partnership between both brands has already spawned the Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Suzuki Baleno) and the Toyota Urban Cruiser (rebadged Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza).
Another speculation, which has been cleared in the spy video is the electrification. It was believed earlier that XL5 or the WagonR facelift could be the first electric model from the brand. However, according to the video, the test mule was fitted with an IC engine, which was confirmed from the sound. The electric version of the hatchback could arrive at a later date.
The facelift of the WagnoR is also expected to undergo slight revision on the inside as well. Nonetheless, most of the equipment is most likely carried over from the outgoing model of the hatchback.
The engine and transmission options are likely to remain the same as well. The outgoing WagonR is offered in two engine options: 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre petrol units. The 1.0-litre petrol engine produces a maximum of 67bhp power at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm; mated to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox.
On the other hand, the 1.2-litre petrol engine churns out a maximum of 82bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm; mated to either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT automatic. The 1.0-litre engine is also offered as a petrol-CNG unit.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki WagonR Facelift (XL5) With Toyota Badge Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
One spy video has added a lot more speculations and expectations to the upcoming hatchback from Maruti Suzuki. However, the WagnoR facelift model certainly receives a fresh appeal with an all-new front fascia. The electrification of the tall-riding hatchback is still a rumour based on the latest spy video.