- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are said to be working together introduce a couple of new cars in the Indian market. Both brands are expected to introduce their own version of a small car and an MPV in the country.
Note: Images used are for representation purpose only.
According to TeamBHP, a Toyota small car (codenamed: 560B) is said to be in the works. The new small car is expected to go on sale either by the end of this year or early 2022. The upcoming small car will be powered by a petrol engine.
However, it could be offered with a couple of alternative powertrain options. This includes the compact battery electric vehicle (BEV) platform. It could also be offered with the petrol-CNG engine options too.
Moving to the upcoming MPV, it will be an all-new model that will bridge the gap between Ertiga and the Innova Crysta. It is believed to be an all-new model and won't be a mere rebadge design. The new MPV is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2022.
The upcoming MPV is expected to be launched with a host of powertrain options. This includes the current 1.5-litre mild-hybrid petrol-hybrid engine and a couple of upcoming powertrains that are being developed.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno was recently spotted testing possibly testing the new Strong Hybrid Vehicles From Suzuki technology. It was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo held last year housed under the bonnet of a Swift hatchback — here are all details.
In addition to this, according to the recent reports, Maruti Suzuki might revive the 1.5-litre DDiS diesel engine. Due to the continued demand for the diesel powertrain in the BS6 era, the company is expected to soon announce the revival of its diesel engine updated to meet the latest emission standards in the country.
Adding more engine options will help widen the customer base for the upcoming MPV in the Indian market. Once launched the new MPV could rival the Mahindra Marazzo, which currently do not have any competition in the market. Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are yet to confirm the news of upcoming cars in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki & Toyota Partner To Develop Small Car & MPV For Indian Market
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota will be bringing in new cars catering to the current demand for small cars and MPV in the Indian market. The small car is expected to be offered as an electric vehicle to suit everyday urban commutes. On the other hand, the MPV is expected to be offered with a couple of engine and transmission options.