- 2 hrs ago Ola To Invest USD 100M In Ola Futurefoundry: Over 200 Designers & Automotive Engineers To Be Employed
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Hits 14,000 Billings: Strong Demand Continues
- 8 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Baleno Production Started: May Get 5-Star Safety Rating
- 11 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The Yamaha Aerox 155: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Mouni Roy & Suraj Nambiar Tie The Knot As Per Bengali Rituals, Actress Wears Sabyasachi Lehenga At Her Wedding
- Finance 3 Matrices Dividend Investors Should Also Consider Other Than High Yield
- News Central Asia Summit: Leaders for non-discriminatory intl response to global health
- Sports We are planning to hold Ranji Trophy in two phases: BCCI treasurer Dhumal
- Lifestyle A 7-Month-Old Bengaluru Baby Diagnosed With Rare Genetic Disorder BENTA Disease: All About The Condition
- Technology Redmi Could Bring Another Model Alongside Note 11S In India; Is It Redmi Note 11
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
- Education SBI PO Main Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Download SBI PO Main 2021 Result On sbi.co.in
Maruti Suzuki has recently confirmed five new SUVs for the Indian automobile market at a recently held dealer conference. According to sources, these five new SUVs are likely to hit the Indian roads within the next three years.
This aggressive SUV portfolio is being created to conquer the lost market share in recent times. The Japanese car manufacturer's market share has dropped as low as 43.50 per cent as the sales of rival manufacturers have increased.
One of the major reasons for the decline in market share was due to increased sales of rivals in the compact SUV and mid-size SUV segment. To tackle this situation, Maruti Suzuki will be launching five new SUVs to boost sales in the Indian automotive market and improve the market share.
According to sources, these five new SUVs are Maruti Suzuki Jimny, 2022 Brezza (Codenamed YTA), Compact SUV codenamed YTB, Hyundai Creta rivalling SUV codenamed YFG, and a three-row SUV codenamed Y17.
Out of these new SUVs, we think the Hyundai Creta rivalling SUV will be the most valuable addition to the Japanese manufacturer's product portfolio in India. This SUV could also carry the 'Vitara' badging and it will measure around 4.3 metres in length.
According to sources, this new SUV is most likely to be powered by a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with a slightly higher level of electrical assistance (hybrid technology).
However, the most anticipated SUV in this lot will be the Maruti Suzuki Jimny. The off-road SUV has been given green light for the India launch. Unlike the international model, the Indian version of the Maruti Suzuki Jimy will be a 5-door variant and will have a slightly longer wheelbase.
If Maruti Suzuki prices the upcoming 5-door version of the Suzuki Jimny, it will be a hit amongst the Indian consumer. According to sources, the Indian version of the Suzuki Jimny will also be powered by the same 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine as other Maruti Suzuki vehicles.
The next most important launch for Maruti Suzuki in India will be the launch of a three-row premium SUV, codenamed Y17. However, not much is known about this SUV and it is only rumoured to be rival the recently launched Hyundai Alcazar. There is also a rumour that the new three-row SUV is built on the same platform as the XL6 MPV and could potentially replace the Nexa MPV when it launches in India.
Apart from these, the other two SUVs are the 2022 Brezza and another compact SUV codenamed YTB. However, the latter is said to be positioned slightly more premium. This SUV is said to have a coupe-like roofline and sportier stance.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki's Decision To Launch Five New SUVs In The Indian Market
Maruti Suzuki is losing its market share and the Japanese car manufacturer's decision to launch five new SUVs in India is exactly what they need to do to gain the lost market share. However, it would be only possible if Maruti Suzuki is able to find the right balance between aggressive pricing and features on these SUVs.
Source: Autocar India