- 12 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 19 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Sikander Kher Reacts To Mom Kirron Kher Resuming Work Post Battling Cancer
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Maruti Suzuki has recently confirmed five new SUVs for the Indian automobile market at a recently held dealer conference. According to sources, these five new SUVs are likely to hit the Indian roads within the next three years.
This aggressive SUV portfolio is being created to conquer the lost market share in recent times. The Japanese car manufacturer's market share has dropped as low as 43.50 per cent as the sales of rival manufacturers have increased.
One of the major reasons for the decline in market share was due to increased sales of rivals in the compact SUV and mid-size SUV segment. To tackle this situation, Maruti Suzuki will be launching five new SUVs to boost sales in the Indian automotive market and improve the market share.
According to sources, these five new SUVs are Maruti Suzuki Jimny, 2022 Brezza (Codenamed YTA), Compact SUV codenamed YTB, Hyundai Creta rivalling SUV codenamed YFG, and a three-row SUV codenamed Y17.
Out of these new SUVs, we think the Hyundai Creta rivalling SUV will be the most valuable addition to the Japanese manufacturer's product portfolio in India. This SUV could also carry the 'Vitara' badging and it will measure around 4.3 metres in length.
According to sources, this new SUV is most likely to be powered by a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with a slightly higher level of electrical assistance (hybrid technology).
However, the most anticipated SUV in this lot will be the Maruti Suzuki Jimny. The off-road SUV has been given green light for the India launch. Unlike the international model, the Indian version of the Maruti Suzuki Jimy will be a 5-door variant and will have a slightly longer wheelbase.
If Maruti Suzuki prices the upcoming 5-door version of the Suzuki Jimny, it will be a hit amongst the Indian consumer. According to sources, the Indian version of the Suzuki Jimny will also be powered by the same 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine as other Maruti Suzuki vehicles.
The next most important launch for Maruti Suzuki in India will be the launch of a three-row premium SUV, codenamed Y17. However, not much is known about this SUV and it is only rumoured to be rival the recently launched Hyundai Alcazar. There is also a rumour that the new three-row SUV is built on the same platform as the XL6 MPV and could potentially replace the Nexa MPV when it launches in India.
Apart from these, the other two SUVs are the 2022 Brezza and another compact SUV codenamed YTB. However, the latter is said to be positioned slightly more premium. This SUV is said to have a coupe-like roofline and sportier stance.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki's Decision To Launch Five New SUVs In The Indian Market
Maruti Suzuki is losing its market share and the Japanese car manufacturer's decision to launch five new SUVs in India is exactly what they need to do to gain the lost market share. However, it would be only possible if Maruti Suzuki is able to find the right balance between aggressive pricing and features on these SUVs.
Source: Autocar India