- 30 min ago Revolt RV300 & RV400 Bookings Closed Again In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq And Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Together: Here's Everything You Need To know!
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive Next Year!
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- Lifestyle Virasat Actress Pooja Batra Inspires Us To Style Up Our Wardrobe With Her Top 5 Dresses
- News Explained: With COVID-19, black fungus cases spike, know why
- Movies Music Composer Vanraj Bhatia Passes Away; Farhan Akhtar & Other Celebs Express Their Grief
- Technology WhatsApp Sticker Suggestion In Works; Another Telegram Rip-Off?
- Education Madhya Pradesh Universities To Conduct Open Book Exams For UG, PG Courses
- Sports Alarm bells started going off, it was chaos - Chris Morris on COVID in IPL bio-bubble
- Finance Paytm app launches new tool to help users find available slots for COVID-19 vaccines
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 1.57 lakh units of their CNG-equipped cars in FY2020-21 under 'Mission Green Million'. Maruti Suzuki initiated the 'Mission Green Million' at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo back, with an aim to sell a million green vehicles. Maruti Suzuki sells the Alto, Celerio, Wagon-R, S-Presso, Eeco, Ertiga, Tour S and Super Carry with a factory-fitted CNG kit.
It was followed by an aggressive Ad campaign to promote Maruti Suzuki CNG vehicles by creating awareness about the benefits of CNG over conventional petrol. To stay with the aggressive ‘Mission Green Million' campaign, Maruti Suzuki offered a wide range of factory-fitted CNG vehicles that slot into multiple segments.
Entry level CNG cars include the Alto, Celerio WagonR, Eeco, & S-Presso. The Tour S and Ertiga are offered with CNG options, specifically targeted at the Taxi business and the Super Carry is its offering for the commercial vehicle business.
Despite the slow automobile sales during FY2020-21 due to lockdown, the aggressive campaign couped with new BS6 emission regulations enabled Maruti Suzuki to crack a milestone in green vehicle sales.
At present, there are around 2800 CNG stations across our country, with 700 stations added during the last year. At this rate, more than 10,000 CNG stations are expected be opened in the next 7-8 years.
The move to shift the focus of millions of consumers to CNG might be a little awkward when all other automotive manufacturers are pushing towards electrification. However, this move is very essential for a country like India, where pricing matters the most as electric cars are still too expensive to be a feasible alternative mode of transport for the masses.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Selling Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Vehicles
Despite the world moving toward electrification, Maruti Suzuki has boldly taken the decision to back CNG fuel. This will enable Maruti Suzuki to sell more vehicles in our price-sensitive market while still adhering to stringent emissions regulations. The 1.57 lakh units sales figures goes to show that Maruti Suzuki still knows Indian customers better than any other manufacturer.