- 42 min ago Mahindra Sales Report For April 2021: Read More To Find Out Which Car Recorded The Highest Sales!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai AX1 Micro SUV Revealed: Design, Engine Specs & Other Details
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Price Hike: Volvo XC40, XC60, XC90 Prices Hiked By Upto Rs 2 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago New Skoda Fabia Unveiled: Gets A Fresh Design, New Engine Options & Features
- News Indonesia bans travelling home for Eid al-Fitr 2021
- Finance IT Stocks Gain After Cognizant Ups Revenue Guidance; Mindtree Close To Its 52-Week High Price
- Movies Dalip Tahil On Son Dhruv's Arrest In A Drug Case: I Don't Want To Comment At The Moment
- Sports IPL 2021 Postponed: Bio-bubble wasn't breached, travel might have infected players, says Sourav Ganguly
- Technology Signal Slams Facebook, WhatsApp For Mining User Data; But Will We Give Up WhatsApp?
- Education AIAPGET 2021: All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Exam Deferred For 3 Months, Check Details
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Slays In A Blue Gown While Alaya F Dazzles In INR 4.5K Black Dress, Who Looks More Stunning?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In May
Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 1.57 lakh units of their CNG-equipped cars in FY2020-21 under 'Mission Green Million'. Maruti Suzuki initiated the 'Mission Green Million' at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo back, with an aim to sell a million green vehicles. Maruti Suzuki sells the Alto, Celerio, Wagon-R, S-Presso, Eeco, Ertiga, Tour S and Super Carry with a factory-fitted CNG kit.
It was followed by an aggressive Ad campaign to promote Maruti Suzuki CNG vehicles by creating awareness about the benefits of CNG over conventional petrol. To stay with the aggressive ‘Mission Green Million' campaign, Maruti Suzuki offered a wide range of factory-fitted CNG vehicles that slot into multiple segments.
Entry level CNG cars include the Alto, Celerio WagonR, Eeco, & S-Presso. The Tour S and Ertiga are offered with CNG options, specifically targeted at the Taxi business and the Super Carry is its offering for the commercial vehicle business.
Despite the slow automobile sales during FY2020-21 due to lockdown, the aggressive campaign couped with new BS6 emission regulations enabled Maruti Suzuki to crack a milestone in green vehicle sales.
At present, there are around 2800 CNG stations across our country, with 700 stations added during the last year. At this rate, more than 10,000 CNG stations are expected be opened in the next 7-8 years.
The move to shift the focus of millions of consumers to CNG might be a little awkward when all other automotive manufacturers are pushing towards electrification. However, this move is very essential for a country like India, where pricing matters the most as electric cars are still too expensive to be a feasible alternative mode of transport for the masses.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Selling Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Vehicles
Despite the world moving toward electrification, Maruti Suzuki has boldly taken the decision to back CNG fuel. This will enable Maruti Suzuki to sell more vehicles in our price-sensitive market while still adhering to stringent emissions regulations. The 1.57 lakh units sales figures goes to show that Maruti Suzuki still knows Indian customers better than any other manufacturer.