- 23 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 24 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- News Despite flooding, India's rainfall ends below normal in July
- Sports Boxers' rhythm affected by COVID lockdown, will focus on mental strength: BFI President on mixed bag in Tokyo
- Finance PSU Banks Raise A Record Rs 58,700 Crore From Markets In FY'21
- Movies Raj Surani Signs Pawandeep Rajan, Arunita Kanjilal And Shanmukhapriya For 20 Songs
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Maruti Suzuki has trademarked the S-Assist name in the Indian market. This could be the new automatic gearbox offering from the brand in the Indian market. Apart from the name, no other details have been revealed of the S-Assist technology.
Based on the current trend of automatic and semi-automatic transmissions, Maruti Suzuki might soon introduce another gearbox options on its model in India. The S-Assist could either be a DCT gearbox or a clutchless manual transmission from the company.
The latter is a higher possibility because of the low manufacturing costs and higher fuel efficiency as compared to the DCT. The clutchless manual transmission has recently become popular in Kia and Hyundai models in the country.
These are basically semi-automatic transmission unit where the driver is still required to manually select the gear using the gear lever. However, the operation of the clutch is done automatically without any manual operation from the driver.
The transmission will still have a clutch, however, the task of operating the clutch will be done by a (TCU) transmission control unit and a couple of sensors. As soon as the driver is about to change the gear, the sensor sends the signals to a hydraulic actuator to engage and disengage the clutch plate.
As a result, the pedal found on the extreme left of manual cars will be absent in clutchless manual transmission vehicles. The gearbox will also ensure optimal shifts using a couple of other sensors for matching the revs of the engine.
The clutchless manual transmissions return a mileage that is similar to cars with manual transmission. However, it is relatively easier with the absence of manual operations of the clutch.
Maruti Suzuki is currently offering three automatic gearbox options in the Indian market depending on the car. This includes the 5-speed AMT unit on most cars in the brand's line-up, the four-speed torque converter on high-end cars from the brand and the CVT transmission unit on the Baleno.
The S-Assist, if launched as a clutchless manual transmission, could be first launched in popular vehicles from the brand. This includes the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Baleno, WagonR, Vitara Brezza and the Ciaz; among others.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-Assist Name Trademarked In India
We are speculating the S-Assist to be a form of automatic transmission because of the name. However, no other details have been revealed by the company at the moment. The introduction of the S-Assist as a clutchless manual transmission could attract more sales and become an additional transmission option for Maruti Suzuki buyers in the Indian market.