- Technology Google Play’s Best Of 2021: Games, Everyday Essentials, Fun, TV, Personal Growth, And Much More
- Finance Stocks To Buy For Solid Gains In The Short Term As New Omicron Covid Variant Enters India
- Movies Inside Edge Season 3 Web Series Review: The 'Edge' Is Missing, But Interesting Nevertheless
- News I was jailed for not joining BJP: Karnataka Congress chief DK Shivakumar
- Sports Masuaku topples Blues while Rangnick makes history – the Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- Education DSE Odisha Provisional Selection List 2021 Released For 6720 TGT And Telugu Teachers Posts, Check Details
- Lifestyle Omicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kohima
Maruti Suzuki recently teased its upcoming vehicle on the social media platform and the teaser was put out via Nexa's social media wing.
As the teaser was released using Nexa's social media wing, the upcoming vehicle will be positioned as a premium offering from Maruti Suzuki.
The teaser shows a picture of a place that resembles a desert with tyre tread marks on the sand, moreover, the caption reads "This just in! A wild adventurous ride has been spotted making its way through different terrains! The one question is, what car is this?"
Since the teaser uses wilderness and adventure as the main theme, it is safe to believe that the teaser posted by Maruti Suzuki on social media is related to a new SUV from the manufacturer.
This means Maruti Suzuki could be launching the new Suzuki Jimny SUV in India, as it fits perfectly with the theme of the teaser released by Maruti Suzuki.
Apart from that, the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market could be tempting for Maruti Suzuki to launch the Jimny in India.
Even though Maruti Suzuki has been developing the 5-door version of the Suzuki Jimny, we believe that the 3-door version of the Jimny would be launched initially as the vehicle is already being manufactured in India.
Speaking about the Suzuki Jimny, the 4x4 SUV was launched globally two years back and quickly gained a good reputation among off-road enthusiasts
Internationally, the Suzuki Jimny is powered by the same 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder petrol engine that powers the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, Ciaz, Ertiga, XL6 and Vitara Brezza.
This engine produces a maximum of 104 bhp and 130 Nm of torque. Gearbox options include a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The Suzuki Jimny also comes with Suzuki's ALLGRIP Pro all-wheel-drive system as standard. This system has three modes - 2H, 4H and 4L. The 2H send all the power and torque from the engine to the rear wheels and this mode is used for daily driving and improves the fuel economy.
The 4H mode is used during off-road conditions that may need additional traction, whereas the 4L mode is used during extreme off-road conditions as this mode multiplies the torque sent to all wheels.
Apart from this, the Suzuki Jimny is built on a solid ladder-frame chassis that allows for endless customisation for improving the offroad credentials. Also, the Suzuki Jimny comes with a unique retro charm both on the inside and outside.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny
It would be great if Maruti Suzuki launches the Jimny in India, especially as the 3-door variant. Not only that the Suzuki Jimny will be a unique offering in the market, but it will also make a great buy for many budding adventure seekers in the country.