- 13 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Globally Unveiled: Features Electrification As Standard!
- News In SJF probe, NIA seeks details of bank accounts to check remittance of foreign funding
- Technology OnePlus 9R Could Be Launched Next Month With Regular And Pro Variants
- Movies Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi To Release In Theatres On April 23, 2021
- Finance Gold Price Highly Volatile; Retreat Lower As Yields Weigh
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Shahid Kapoor: From Ethnic To Funky, 5 Different Impressive Looks Of The Versatile Actor
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Sports Tiger Woods in hospital: LA County sheriff doesn't expect charges against golfer
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has announced that the Jimny SUV export operations have begun in the country. The first batch of SUVs was produced in Indian and is being shipped to Latin American countries such as Columbia and Peru.
The Suzuki Jimny has world-wide popularity because of its simple design and rugged off-road capabilities. It is being sold in various international markets and the company is flooded with bookings around the globe. The Jimny was awarded the prestigious World Urban Car Award in the year 2019 at the New York International Auto Show.
As a result, Maruti Suzuki began its export operation of the off-road SUV in India catering to the growing demand. The first shipment of 184 units of the Suzuki Jimny SUV has left from Mundra port in Gujrat. According to the press release, the iconic three-door Suzuki Jimny will be exported to Latin America, the Middle East and African markets from India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "Jimny will fulfil aspirations of customers throughout the world. Jimny manufactured at Maruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant shares the same specification as the export models produced at the Suzuki Motor Corporation's Kosai plant in Japan. We are confident with Jimny we will be able to enhance our overall exports."
The Jimny off-road SUV will be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, similar to the ones powering a host of models in India. It produces a maximum of 103.2 bhp and a peak torque 138Nm.
The engine comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The SUV is also expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the inside, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a seven-inch infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill-hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
The Suzuki Jimny is among the most anticipated launch in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the three-door version of the Jimny in India sometime this year. They are looking to launch a five-door version of the SUV catering to the Indian market at a later date.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begining In India
The Indian-made Suzuki Jimny is on its way reaching international markets soon. Whether this will have any effect towards the company's launch plans of the Jimny SUV in India, remains to be seen. If launched the Suzuki Jimny will rivals the new Mahindra Thar and the still upcoming Force Gurkha in the Indian market.