- 10 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 14 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 110 ABS Model Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 65,920
- 15 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- Movies Suresh Gopi's First Look From Joshiy's Paappan Is Out!
- News Samyukta Kisan Morcha seeks judicial probe into Republic Day violence
- Sports India vs England: 'You can try your luck sometimes': Pant explains reverse-sweep that stunned Anderson
- Technology Redmi Note 10s, Redmi Note 10 5G Gets BIS Certification; Might Arrive Under Poco Branding In India
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Rules That You Need To Follow When Observing A Fast
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Education Karnataka BEd Result 2021 Declared At schooleducation.kar.nic.in
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has announced that the Jimny SUV export operations have begun in the country. The first batch of SUVs was produced in Indian and is being shipped to Latin American countries such as Columbia and Peru.
The Suzuki Jimny has world-wide popularity because of its simple design and rugged off-road capabilities. It is being sold in various international markets and the company is flooded with bookings around the globe. The Jimny was awarded the prestigious World Urban Car Award in the year 2019 at the New York International Auto Show.
As a result, Maruti Suzuki began its export operation of the off-road SUV in India catering to the growing demand. The first shipment of 184 units of the Suzuki Jimny SUV has left from Mundra port in Gujrat. According to the press release, the iconic three-door Suzuki Jimny will be exported to Latin America, the Middle East and African markets from India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "Jimny will fulfil aspirations of customers throughout the world. Jimny manufactured at Maruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant shares the same specification as the export models produced at the Suzuki Motor Corporation's Kosai plant in Japan. We are confident with Jimny we will be able to enhance our overall exports."
The Jimny off-road SUV will be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, similar to the ones powering a host of models in India. It produces a maximum of 103.2 bhp and a peak torque 138Nm.
The engine comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The SUV is also expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the inside, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a seven-inch infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill-hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
The Suzuki Jimny is among the most anticipated launch in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the three-door version of the Jimny in India sometime this year. They are looking to launch a five-door version of the SUV catering to the Indian market at a later date.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begining In India
The Indian-made Suzuki Jimny is on its way reaching international markets soon. Whether this will have any effect towards the company's launch plans of the Jimny SUV in India, remains to be seen. If launched the Suzuki Jimny will rivals the new Mahindra Thar and the still upcoming Force Gurkha in the Indian market.