- 3 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 7 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 11 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Movies #20yearsoflagaan: Fans And Media Bring A Unique Wave By Trending #Mylagaan On Social Media
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Technology JioFiber Postpaid Connection And 4K Set-Top Box Launched: All You Need To Know
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
The arrival of the Suzuki Jimny 5-door is highly anticipated across the world. The off-road SUV has been confirmed to unveil next year. Ahead of its unveiling, a few of the details and specs of the upcoming Jimny 5-door were leaked. Yet again, we have more information on the upcoming Suzuki Jimny 5-door.
According to the latest report from Autocar India, the Jimny 5-door SUV could feature an all-new turbo-petrol engine. The forced-induction powerplant will help the SUV to get back in the market. The SUV was taken off the shelves in European markets due to increased CO2 emissions.
As a result, the company is expected to use a clean low emission engine featuring turbo-charging and a mild-hybrid system. Suzuki currently offers a 1.4-litre Boosterjet turbo-petrol engine with a mild-hybrid system internationally. Whether the company will use the same powerplant on the Jimny remains to be seen.
As mentioned before, the new powertrain is expected to be offered alongside the existing engine and transmission options. The 1.5-litre K15B engine is also expected to receive Suzuki's mild-hybrid technology for better emissions.
It will produce a maximum of 101bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 130Nm at 4000rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic torque converter unit.
The upcoming 5-door Jimny will be based on the Jimny Sierra showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo last year. The report also suggests that Suzuki will push a facelift update to the 3-door model as well. The Jimny facelift will make its debut alongside the 5-door SUV.
The dimensions of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door model have been leaked as well. As per the leaked document, the off-road SUV is expected to measure 3850mm in length, 1645mm in width, 1730mm in height along with a wheelbase of 2550mm. In comparison, the 5-door version is 300mm longer than the 3-door version of the SUV.
The 5-door is expected to carry most of the features from the 3-door SUV. This includes the same boxy-shaped design along with round-shaped headlamps, rear-bumper mounted taillamps, vertical-slat grille, all-around body cladding, front and rear scuff plates, a blacked-out roof and more.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-Door To Unveiling Next Year
Indian market eagerly awaits the arrivals of the Jimny. We are even prepared to receive the less practical 3-door version which is currently Made-in-India and sold overseas. However, the company has decided otherwise and will be bringing the roomier 5-door version. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the Mahindra Thar and the yet-to-be-launched Force Gurkha.