- 17 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 September 19 Highlights: Khiladis Enjoy Performances Of Dance Deewane 3
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The arrival of the Suzuki Jimny 5-door is highly anticipated across the world. The off-road SUV has been confirmed to unveil next year. Ahead of its unveiling, a few of the details and specs of the upcoming Jimny 5-door were leaked. Yet again, we have more information on the upcoming Suzuki Jimny 5-door.
According to the latest report from Autocar India, the Jimny 5-door SUV could feature an all-new turbo-petrol engine. The forced-induction powerplant will help the SUV to get back in the market. The SUV was taken off the shelves in European markets due to increased CO2 emissions.
As a result, the company is expected to use a clean low emission engine featuring turbo-charging and a mild-hybrid system. Suzuki currently offers a 1.4-litre Boosterjet turbo-petrol engine with a mild-hybrid system internationally. Whether the company will use the same powerplant on the Jimny remains to be seen.
As mentioned before, the new powertrain is expected to be offered alongside the existing engine and transmission options. The 1.5-litre K15B engine is also expected to receive Suzuki's mild-hybrid technology for better emissions.
It will produce a maximum of 101bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 130Nm at 4000rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic torque converter unit.
The upcoming 5-door Jimny will be based on the Jimny Sierra showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo last year. The report also suggests that Suzuki will push a facelift update to the 3-door model as well. The Jimny facelift will make its debut alongside the 5-door SUV.
The dimensions of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door model have been leaked as well. As per the leaked document, the off-road SUV is expected to measure 3850mm in length, 1645mm in width, 1730mm in height along with a wheelbase of 2550mm. In comparison, the 5-door version is 300mm longer than the 3-door version of the SUV.
The 5-door is expected to carry most of the features from the 3-door SUV. This includes the same boxy-shaped design along with round-shaped headlamps, rear-bumper mounted taillamps, vertical-slat grille, all-around body cladding, front and rear scuff plates, a blacked-out roof and more.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-Door To Unveiling Next Year
Indian market eagerly awaits the arrivals of the Jimny. We are even prepared to receive the less practical 3-door version which is currently Made-in-India and sold overseas. However, the company has decided otherwise and will be bringing the roomier 5-door version. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the Mahindra Thar and the yet-to-be-launched Force Gurkha.