- 8 hrs ago Citroen CC21 Compact-SUV Spied Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago Renault Kiger Waiting Period Increases: 16-Week Waiting Period For The Small SUV
- 13 hrs ago New Kia Cars Finance Offers Announced In India In July 2021: Partners With ICICI & Yes Banks
- 16 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- Technology Friendship Day Gift Ideas: Budget Smartphones Gift Your Best Friend
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Neha Bhasin Is The First Contestant Of Karan Johar’s Show; Watch Promo
- News PM Modi to address IPS probationers on July 31 via video conferencing
- Sports Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Highlights, Day 7
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By ICICI Direct For Gains Up To 14%
- Education CBSE 12th Marksheet: How To Download CBSE 12th Marksheet Online?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
- Lifestyle Food Combinations That Are Bad For Your Kid's Health
Maruti Suzuki earlier stated that they are working on a 5-door version of the Jimny off-road SUV. According to the company, the 5-door SUV will be better suited to the Indian market rather than the three-door version of the Jimny.
Ahead of its launch, some of the details of the upcoming 5-door Jimny have been leaked. A recent report from TeamBHP states that the Jimny will be powered by the same 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engine.
The engine produces a maximum of 101bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 130Nm at 4000rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic torque converter unit.
The dimensions of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door model have been leaked as well. As per the leaked document, the off-road SUV is expected to measure 3850mm in length, 1645mm in width, 1730mm in height along with a wheelbase of 2550mm.
In comparison, the dimensions of the standard Maruti Suzuki Jimny measures 3550mm in length, 1645mm in width, 1730mm in height along with a wheelbase of 2250mm — this make the 5-door version 300mm longer than the 3-door version of the SUV.
Other details revealed by the leaked document states that the 5-door Jimny will tip the scale at 1,190 kilograms (Kerb). The SUV is expected to sit 210 mm above the ground riding on 15-inch wheels shod with 195/80 section tyres. The document also states that the 1.5-litre engine would return a 13.6kmpl fuel efficiency according to WLTC.
The 5-door is expected to carry most of the features from the 3-door SUV. This includes the same boxy-shaped design along with round-shaped headlamps, rear-bumper mounted taillamps, vertical-slat grille, all-around body cladding, front and rear scuff plates, a blacked-out roof and more.
On the inside, the upcoming SUV could feature a 7-inch infotainment system that supports both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls, climate control, a semi-digital instrument cluster and possibly rear ac vents; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has begun production of the Jimny SUV in the country. The company is currently exporting the Jimny 3-door version to various international markets. The first batch of SUVs was shipped to Latin American countries such as Columbia and Peru.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door Specs Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is the most highly-anticipated vehicle launches in the Indian market. The company could introduce the 5-door version of the SUV sometime this year in the country. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the Mahindra Thar and the still upcoming Force Gurkha.