- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Maruti Suzuki has now introduced the Suzuki Connect feature as an accessory on its Arena line-up of cars.
The connected car tech was launched back in 2018 and was exclusive to the Nexa line-up of cars. The Suzuki Connect system uses a Telematics Control Unit (TCU), a cloud-based server, and a smartphone app to execute various functions.
Suzuki claims that the system vastly improves the user experience with features such as security warnings, geofencing, vehicle status, live car monitoring, functional alerts, roadside assistance and few more.
The Suzuki Connect telematics can be accessed via smartphone using 'Suzuki Connect' app. The Suzuki Connect can be downloaded from both Play Store and App Store.
Suzuki also says, unlike most aftermarket systems, the Suzuki Connect system is impossible to tamper as the system is well hidden and implanted into the car.
At present, Suzuki Connect is available for Arena line-up of cars also, and is available for existing Maruti Suzuki users through the company's existing network of 2800+ showrooms across the country.
The Suzuki Connect telematics system is available for Rs 11,900 (Including taxes) and this price also includes three-year data subscription. Existing Suzuki Connect users can renew their subscription at Rs 2,299 for three years or Rs 999 for one year.
While Introducing the Suzuki Connect, Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) said, "In today's technology-savvy world, it is very important to stay connected as it provides reassurance, a sense of security and peace of mind. Suzuki Connect aims to bridge this need-gap, by giving an advanced and digitalised experience to our customers. Built on the intelligent telematics technology, Suzuki Connect aims to increase user experience through its advanced features,"
He further added "Since its launch at Nexa, Suzuki Connect has been well-appreciated by over 50,000 Nexa customers. A nationwide extensive study was undertaken to understand the challenges faced by the car owners on a daily basis and their expectations from these solutions, like receiving alerts for Tow Away, Intrusion & AC Idling etc. Suzuki Connect empowers customers with convenience at their fingertips thus enhancing their car ownership experience. We are optimistic that it will be successful with our ARENA customers as well."
At present, the Maruti Suzuki's Arena line-up consists of Alto, S-Presso, Swift, Dzire, Wagon R, Ertiga and Vitara brezza, taking the grand total to 7 different models in its arsenal.
In this line up, we expect more buyers of Maruti Suzuki Dzire, and Vitara Brezza to opt this feature than other cars. This new feature will also be available on the upcoming Celerio and the updated Baleno.
THOUGHTS ON MARUTI SUZUKI'S 'SUZUKI CONNECT' FEATURE
With the inclusion of features such as security warnings, geofencing, vehicle status, live car monitoring, functional alerts, and roadside assistance, Suzuki Connect application and services will become handy in few critical circumstances.