- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Best Deals On Smartphones And Other Electronic Products
- Finance Byju's Acquires Great Learning For $600 Mn
- Movies Kargil Vijay Diwas: Akshay Kumar And Abhishek Bachchan Pay Tribute To Real Heroes Of Kargil War
- News BSY: The Karnataka strongman who never completed his term
- Education HBSE 12th Marksheet Download, Check HBSE 12th Result Name-wise
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: 'Delighted' skateboarder Nishiya becomes second-youngest gold medallist
- Lifestyle 12 Healthy And Hot Beverages For Monsoon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Maruti Suzuki's first electric car will be launched in India in 2025. The company has stated that the electric car will also be the first model launching under Suzuki's brand, which will go on sale in Japan and Europe followed by the launch in India.
The company is also trying to set up a battery plant in Gujarat. This should help it to keep the pricing of its EVs competitive. The upcoming electric car is expected to be priced at Rs 1.5 million Japanese Yen, which roughly translates to around Rs 10 lakh. This is the same price tag that is expected for the WagonR EV.
Additionally, the test mule of the WagonR EV has been spotted multiple times across the country that adds to the speculation of the being the first EV from the brand!
The WagonR EV is expected to offer a maximum driving range of over 250 kilometres while offering to seat 5 passengers in ease. Further, the hatchback is expected to feature fast charging which will juice up the battery from 0 to 80 per cent in under 90 minutes.
The EV version of the WagnoR is expected to borrow most of its design and features from the standard model that is currently on sale. The recently spotted test mule looked similar to the standard WagponR with a host of changes inside and out.
The test featured fog lamp units, which are placed way down the bumper below the main headlamp units. The fog lamps are integrated into the lower radiator grille. While the upper section of the faux grille combines DRLs on either side creating a seamless look.
The test mule also reveals the rear design, which has undergone subtle changes. This includes an all-new rear bumper design with a two-tone look and vertically placed rear reflectors. The taillamps also feature a smoked look.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki First Electric Car To Arrive In 2025
With the Indian & State governments gunning for faster EV adoption, the charging facilities are expected to improve massively within years. However, Maruti Suzuki will be entering the EV segment a bit later than expected.
By the time the brand launches its first EV, two of its competitors, Tata Motors and Mahindra aims to launch 10 and 6 EVs, respectively all catering to various private and commercial vehicle segments.