- 2 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 1 day ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- News Now reported in 85 countries, delta variant expected to become dominant lineage
- Technology Microsoft Windows 11 With Design Overhaul Releasing Today; Event Time, Livestream Details
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Pensioners Can Now Get Pension Slip Via WhatsApp, SMS & Mail
- Movies Grahan Web Series Review: The Period Drama Tells An Emotional Tale Brimming From Chaos
- Sports WTC Final: Taylor, Southee and retiring Watling rejoice after World Test Championship win
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Lifestyle Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Shows Flower Power In Her Stylish Dress, Pretty Palazzo Set And Lovely Saree
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it will extend the maintenance shutdown in the country. The temporary suspension of operations across its various facilities in India was first announced till May 9, 2021.
However, the deadline was extended to May 16.2021 due to the continued threat from the spread of Coronavirus. Now the company has decided to extend the deadline for the second time. The Company has been informed that Suzuki Motor Gujarat has taken the same decision.
In addition to this, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (MSIL) also announced that it will help ramp up the production of oxygen in the country. The company will be rapidly installing Oxygen PSA plants, both to produce life-saving oxygen as well as reduce the immense logistical problems.
The company stated, "It was found that these plants are being made by small scale units with very limited resources or the ability to scale up production. We located two companies in the NCR area, Airox Nigen Equipments Pvt Ltd and SAM Gas Projects Pvt Ltd. They were flooded with orders but had a capacity to manufacture only 5-8 plants a month. We decided to use our resources to help scale up their production."
MSIL and its vendors would use their capabilities to rapidly scale up production. MSIL's involvement would be on a no-profit basis. The company has arranged new sources for Zeolite for Airox's production facility in Ahmedabad. It is an imported material and critical for a PSA plant and will be airfreighted to the company.
Additionally, the company is also sourcing compressors for Airox to help increase production. Airox has already reached an output of one PSA plant every day. However, this number will be increased to 4 plants per day within May itself.
On the other hand, SAM Gas Projects Pvt Ltd is being assisted by MSIL vendor JBML. This company is expected to produce 20-30 plants in May. MSIL and its vendors will procure oxygen plants from these two companies and donate them for medical use.
In addition to the procured plant, the MSIL team is working to ensure that all PSA plants are installed and commissioned immediately after it is procured.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Extends Temporary Suspension Of Manufacturing
Maruti Suzuki will continue to carry out maintenance work at its production facilities with very low manpower. This will also help curb the second wave of Covid-19 spread in the country. In addition to this, the company is also working on increasing the production of oxygen by setting up PSA plants across the country.