- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 9 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Maruti Suzuki India Limited has announced that it has exported two million vehicles from India today. A batch of Maruti Suzuki products comprising S-Presso, Swift and Vitara Brezza left for South Africa from the Mundra Port in Gujarat.
Back in the day, Maruti Suzuki commenced the export of vehicles way back in FY1986-87 and a large consignment of 500 cars was shipped to Hungary in September 1987. However, in FY2012-13, the Company achieved the milestone of one-million exports. In the first million, more than 50 per cent of exports were undertaken to developed markets in Europe.
Speaking on the feat, Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "The Company is committed to Hon'ble Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi's vision of Make-in-India. The 2 million vehicle exports from Maruti Suzuki are a testimony of the same. Maruti Suzuki has been exporting vehicles for the past 34 years much before India became a prominent player in the global automobile business. This early global exposure helped the Company enhance its quality and attain global benchmarks. Currently, we export 14 models, nearly 150 variants, to over 100 countries. Vehicles manufactured at our facilities in India have found high acceptance owing to global standards of quality, safety, design and technology."
Maruti Suzuki achieved the subsequent million in over eight years with a special focus on emerging markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia regions. With concerted efforts, the Company has been able to gain a sizable share in markets like Chile, Indonesia, South Africa and Sri Lanka. Models such as Alto, Baleno, Dzire and Swift have emerged as popular choices in these markets.
"Going forward, the Company has aligned itself with the evolving needs of customers in African and Latin American nations. With a flurry of new models in the pipeline, Maruti Suzuki will attract customers in new segments to enable the Company to accomplish bigger milestones at a much faster pace," he further added.
In January this year, the Company started production and export of Suzuki's celebrated compact off-roader Jimny from India. With India as a production base for Jimny, Suzuki aims to leverage Maruti Suzuki's global production stature.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Exporting Two Million Vehicles
It is really good to see that Maruti Suzuki has been able to export such a large batch of the vehicle to the international market. We wish the best of luck to the manufacturer for its future.