- 1 hr ago BMW X1 S-Drive 20d Review (Road Test): Bigger & Better Than Its Predecessor!
- 2 hrs ago Honda Introduces New Finance Schemes For Two-Wheelers With Low Downpayment & Interest Rates
- 2 hrs ago Okinawa Partners With Welectric To Supply Electric Two-Wheelers For Last-Mile Delivery: Read More!
- 5 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals all-rounder Ben Stokes to have surgery on Monday; out of action for 3 months
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Center Extends Special Allowance To Officers Belonging To This Region
- Lifestyle Love Playing With Colours? These 7 Multicolour Nail Art Designs Will Get You Covered This Summer!
- News 4 decades of planetary changes in 4D experience shown on Google Earth Time-lapse
- Movies Abhinav Shukla Talks About His Dream Role, Wishes To Play Intelligent Characters
- Technology BSNL Introduces Rs. 249 And Rs. 298 Prepaid Plans; Offer Unlimited Calling For 60 Days
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021 To Be Conducted As Per Schedule, Says State Education Minister
Maruti Suzuki India Limited has announced that it has exported two million vehicles from India today. A batch of Maruti Suzuki products comprising S-Presso, Swift and Vitara Brezza left for South Africa from the Mundra Port in Gujarat.
Back in the day, Maruti Suzuki commenced the export of vehicles way back in FY1986-87 and a large consignment of 500 cars was shipped to Hungary in September 1987. However, in FY2012-13, the Company achieved the milestone of one-million exports. In the first million, more than 50 per cent of exports were undertaken to developed markets in Europe.
Speaking on the feat, Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "The Company is committed to Hon'ble Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi's vision of Make-in-India. The 2 million vehicle exports from Maruti Suzuki are a testimony of the same. Maruti Suzuki has been exporting vehicles for the past 34 years much before India became a prominent player in the global automobile business. This early global exposure helped the Company enhance its quality and attain global benchmarks. Currently, we export 14 models, nearly 150 variants, to over 100 countries. Vehicles manufactured at our facilities in India have found high acceptance owing to global standards of quality, safety, design and technology."
Maruti Suzuki achieved the subsequent million in over eight years with a special focus on emerging markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia regions. With concerted efforts, the Company has been able to gain a sizable share in markets like Chile, Indonesia, South Africa and Sri Lanka. Models such as Alto, Baleno, Dzire and Swift have emerged as popular choices in these markets.
"Going forward, the Company has aligned itself with the evolving needs of customers in African and Latin American nations. With a flurry of new models in the pipeline, Maruti Suzuki will attract customers in new segments to enable the Company to accomplish bigger milestones at a much faster pace," he further added.
In January this year, the Company started production and export of Suzuki's celebrated compact off-roader Jimny from India. With India as a production base for Jimny, Suzuki aims to leverage Maruti Suzuki's global production stature.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Exporting Two Million Vehicles
It is really good to see that Maruti Suzuki has been able to export such a large batch of the vehicle to the international market. We wish the best of luck to the manufacturer for its future.