- 2 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Toyota is said to be working on the rebadged versions of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz could be Toyota's next rebadged model to be sold in India. It will be the third model that will be rebadged and sold under the partnership between two automakers after the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser.
This partnership between both brands, Toyota and Suzuki, had executed a memorandum of understanding back in 2017. Also, back in March 2018, both companies formed a basic agreement for supplying hybrid and other vehicles to each other in the Indian market.
The rebadged sedan will mostly likely undergo subtle changes. A recent trademark filing by the brand in India hints that the model could be called the Toyota Belta, which is currently used for a Toyota sedan sold in the Japanese market. This includes a couple of interiors and exterior design updates. However, most of the sedan will remain the same including all the mechanicals.
Some of the exterior features include projector headlamps, LED taillamps, alloy wheels, a chrome-finished window line and more. All of these will be retained on Toyota's version of the sedan as well. On the inside, the Ciaz features a touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features include a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, climate control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and rear ac vents; among others.
Mechanically, the upcoming car from Toyota will be powered by the same 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand's (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Possibly Being The Next Rebadged Model By Toyota
The demand for sedan models has drastically reduced over the years in the Indian market. However, there is still a substantial amount of market share being held by the C-segment sedans. Now it remains to be seen what will be the next move from toyota, till then stay tuned.