- 1 hr ago Revolt RV300 & RV400 Bookings Closed Again In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq And Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Together: Here's Everything You Need To know!
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive Next Year!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- Sports UFC Vegas 26: Rodriguez vs. Waterson fight card, date, India time and where to watch
- Movies Shanthanu Bhagyaraj Reveals His Parents K Bhagyaraj And Poornima Test Positive For COVID-19; See Tweet
- Finance Ethereum Joins The Club Of Top 5 Financial Services Globally By Value
- News Update bed status on app as frequently as feasible: Delhi govt to facilities treating COVID patients
- Technology Oppo Enco Air TWS Earphones, Band Vitality Edition Go Official; Price, Features
- Lifestyle Virasat Actress Pooja Batra Inspires Us To Style Up Our Wardrobe With Her Top 5 Dresses
- Education Madhya Pradesh Universities To Conduct Open Book Exams For UG, PG Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
Maruti Suzuki has announced the latest round of price increase in the Indian market. Prices will be increased on select models sold in the brand's portfolio. The company is yet to announce the new price list for models affected by the recent price hike.
However, the company has said that prices will be increased by up to 1.6 per cent of the ex-showroom value. The new prices will be effective from April 16, 2021. Models sold under Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms and Nexa premium dealerships are affected.
The company has stated that the price increase is due to the rising input costs for manufacturing. This includes the constantly increasing cost of steel, aluminium, and plastics. Additionally, the Covid-19 pandemic is still very much present in India, which could also pose some challenges to brands in the production of vehicles.
Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms retail some of the brand's popular models such as the Alto, Swift, WagnoR, Dzire and the Ertiga; among others. On the other hand, the brand Nexa premium dealerships retail the Baleno, S-Cross, Ciaz, XL6 and more. Affected models under both brands and their new pricing will be announced by the company soon.
Maruti Suzuki recently announced that the top-five selling cars for the last Financial Year in the Indian market was sold by the brand. This impressive feat has been achieved by the company for the fourth time in a row. The top-selling models from the brand include the Swift, Baleno, WagonR, Alto and the Dzire.
The company also claims that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was the top-selling compact SUV for the last Financial Year. Currently, the segment is jam-packed with SUV from most brands in India. However, the Brezza has managed to outsell its competition despite being a petrol-only offering.
Alongside its popular petrol-powered line-up of cars, Maruti Suzuki also achieved impressive sales of its S-CNG powered cars. The brand has sold over 1.5 lakh units of CNG cars in the last Financial Year — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increased On Select Models
The rising prices of steel and other components meant that automakers are finding it hard to maintain the prices of their products. As a result, most manufacturers including the popular Maruti Suzuki have decided to impart that increase in pricing to their customers. Whether this will affect the brand's sales record for the current Financial Year remains to be seen.