- 8 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 10 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Maruti Suzuki has announced the latest round of price increase in the Indian market. Prices will be increased on select models sold in the brand's portfolio. The company is yet to announce the new price list for models affected by the recent price hike.
However, the company has said that prices will be increased by up to 1.6 per cent of the ex-showroom value. The new prices will be effective from April 16, 2021. Models sold under Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms and Nexa premium dealerships are affected.
The company has stated that the price increase is due to the rising input costs for manufacturing. This includes the constantly increasing cost of steel, aluminium, and plastics. Additionally, the Covid-19 pandemic is still very much present in India, which could also pose some challenges to brands in the production of vehicles.
Maruti Suzuki Arena showrooms retail some of the brand's popular models such as the Alto, Swift, WagnoR, Dzire and the Ertiga; among others. On the other hand, the brand Nexa premium dealerships retail the Baleno, S-Cross, Ciaz, XL6 and more. Affected models under both brands and their new pricing will be announced by the company soon.
Maruti Suzuki recently announced that the top-five selling cars for the last Financial Year in the Indian market was sold by the brand. This impressive feat has been achieved by the company for the fourth time in a row. The top-selling models from the brand include the Swift, Baleno, WagonR, Alto and the Dzire.
The company also claims that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was the top-selling compact SUV for the last Financial Year. Currently, the segment is jam-packed with SUV from most brands in India. However, the Brezza has managed to outsell its competition despite being a petrol-only offering.
Alongside its popular petrol-powered line-up of cars, Maruti Suzuki also achieved impressive sales of its S-CNG powered cars. The brand has sold over 1.5 lakh units of CNG cars in the last Financial Year — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increased On Select Models
The rising prices of steel and other components meant that automakers are finding it hard to maintain the prices of their products. As a result, most manufacturers including the popular Maruti Suzuki have decided to impart that increase in pricing to their customers. Whether this will affect the brand's sales record for the current Financial Year remains to be seen.