- 1 hr ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Wants The Country To Be Referred To As Bharat Instead Of India, Shares The Reason Why
- News Union cabinet meeting set to be held tomorrow
- Lifestyle Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- Finance Brief Timeline Of Jet Airways Insolvency Resolution
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mahindra will be revamping its entire product portfolio by updating the current line-up and adding new models as well. The company has started the changes with the launch of the new-generation Mahindra Thar. It has been a huge success story for the brand.
Now, according to the reports from Autocar India, Mahindra will be launching a new coupe SUV in the country. Out of the four new names registered under the brand's XUV line-up, the company has reserved the XUV900 nameplate for the upcoming coupe SUV. The Mahindra XUV900 is expected to hit the showrooms by 2024.
The company had first showcased its idea of a coupe SUV at the 2016 Auto Expo called the Mahindra Aero concept. At the time, the Mahindra Aero borrowed its design inspiration from the XUV500.
However, the upcoming coupe SUV is expected to draw its design inspiration from its elder sibling, the upcoming XUV700. The sloping roofline will be the highlight of the XUV900, which will provide a sporty look to the SUV.
Much like the design, the XUV900's features, equipment and powertrain options are also expected to be borrowed from the upcoming XUV700. On the inside, it will have a 5-seater layout along with a large boot.
The XUV900 is expected to be loaded with features. This includes a big slab of glass that seamlessly integrates the digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system. Expect the instrument cluster to offer superior levels of customizations.
Likewise, the infotainment touchscreen unit is also expected to be a vastly improved unit with a new UI/UX. It will also support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Android Auto Apple CarPlay.
Other features that are expected to on the XUV900 include all-around LED lighting, a panoramic sunroof, multiple-zone climate control, steering mounted controls, power-operated seats with ventilation. It could also feature the Level 1 ADAS autonomous technology with automatic parking, lane-change assist and more.
The engine options on the XUV900 are expected to be borrowed from the upcoming XUV700. The XUV700 is speculated to feature powerful versions of the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel and the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol engines seen on the Mahindra Thar. Both engines will be offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed torque converter automatic gearboxes along with an optional four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV900 Coupe SUV
The Mahindra XUV900 is expected to be the first fully homegrown coupe SUV offering in the Indian market. Currently, the segment has some high-end performance models from German automakers. However, the upcoming XUV900 will be launched at a lower price point, which could attract more buyers looking for a sporty SUV in the country.