- 6 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 7 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 8 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 9 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Mahindra will be revamping its entire product portfolio by updating the current line-up and adding new models as well. The company has started the changes with the launch of the new-generation Mahindra Thar. It has been a huge success story for the brand.
Now, according to the reports from Autocar India, Mahindra will be launching a new coupe SUV in the country. Out of the four new names registered under the brand's XUV line-up, the company has reserved the XUV900 nameplate for the upcoming coupe SUV. The Mahindra XUV900 is expected to hit the showrooms by 2024.
The company had first showcased its idea of a coupe SUV at the 2016 Auto Expo called the Mahindra Aero concept. At the time, the Mahindra Aero borrowed its design inspiration from the XUV500.
However, the upcoming coupe SUV is expected to draw its design inspiration from its elder sibling, the upcoming XUV700. The sloping roofline will be the highlight of the XUV900, which will provide a sporty look to the SUV.
Much like the design, the XUV900's features, equipment and powertrain options are also expected to be borrowed from the upcoming XUV700. On the inside, it will have a 5-seater layout along with a large boot.
The XUV900 is expected to be loaded with features. This includes a big slab of glass that seamlessly integrates the digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system. Expect the instrument cluster to offer superior levels of customizations.
Likewise, the infotainment touchscreen unit is also expected to be a vastly improved unit with a new UI/UX. It will also support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Android Auto Apple CarPlay.
Other features that are expected to on the XUV900 include all-around LED lighting, a panoramic sunroof, multiple-zone climate control, steering mounted controls, power-operated seats with ventilation. It could also feature the Level 1 ADAS autonomous technology with automatic parking, lane-change assist and more.
The engine options on the XUV900 are expected to be borrowed from the upcoming XUV700. The XUV700 is speculated to feature powerful versions of the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel and the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol engines seen on the Mahindra Thar. Both engines will be offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed torque converter automatic gearboxes along with an optional four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV900 Coupe SUV
The Mahindra XUV900 is expected to be the first fully homegrown coupe SUV offering in the Indian market. Currently, the segment has some high-end performance models from German automakers. However, the upcoming XUV900 will be launched at a lower price point, which could attract more buyers looking for a sporty SUV in the country.