- 16 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 September 19 Highlights: Khiladis Enjoy Performances Of Dance Deewane 3
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Mahindra launches the XUV700 in India at Rs 11.99 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The new SUV is offered in two main variants or the company calls it 'Turbocharged Series'. Mahindra has announced prices for 5-seater variants of the SUV and stated that the remaining variant prices will be announced at a later date.
Variants & Pricing
|MX Petrol||₹11.99 Lakh|
|MX Diesel||₹12.49 Lakh|
|AX3 Petrol||₹13.99 Lakh|
|AX5 Petrol||₹14.99 Lakh|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
The base-spec variant is called the MX variant or MX Series. And is available in a single trim. While the top-spec variant or is called Adrenox AX Series, which is available in three trims: AX3, AX5 and AX7.
Speaking about Mahindra SUV focus and the unveil of XUV700, Dr Anish Shah, MD & CEO, M&M Ltd. said, "It is the sheer passion that drives our people to create advanced, adventure-ready vehicles, with an unmissable presence. We are ready to lead the core SUV segment with nine new exciting SUVs planned for launch by 2026. And our most ambitious addition, the XUV700, is throbbing and pulsating with technology, power and intelligence to let people explore the impossible."
Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M Ltd, said, "Every once in a while, an automobile comes to change the future course of its manufacturer and in the process, it transforms the segment itself. The XUV700 marks the beginning of a whole new Mahindra and a new era and for the SUV segment in India. We have raised the bar on best-in-class features, technology and design. Our customers are in for a longstanding treat with the innovative new XUV700."
Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd, said, "The XUV700 is not just another SUV, it's a statement of intent. It is undoubtedly a powerful performer on varied terrains yet having fun inside the XUV700 is an experience that will give the owners a rush like never before! Everything about the XUV700 is world-class, be it the stunning design, the exhilarating powertrains, built-in intelligence, and the host of segment-first features. The customers are in for a truly sophisticated and authentic SUV experience, setting them up to explore the impossible."
The XUV700 has certainly grown interim of proportions with the overhang getting extended. The highlight of the exterior will include the all-new headlamp design with mid and top-spec variants featuring LED lighting with integrated C-shaped LED DRLs.
- LED taillamps
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Roof rails
- Shark-fin antenna
- Roof spoiler
- Flush door handles
- Faux skid plates
Interiors Features & Technology
Taking the center stage in the cabin of the XUV700 is the single integrated unit for the dual 10.25-inch fully digital instrument cluster and infotainment touchscreen displays. These screens are powered by Adrenox, which is the best in the business for UI/UX design.
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Power-operated & ventilated front seats
- Amazon Alexa enabled
- Over 60 connected features
- E-sim based connected technology
- Voice assistant
- Ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate control
- 2nd and 3rd row AC vents
- Air purifier
The XUV700 will be offered as 5-seater or 7-seater configurations. The middle row seating will be either captain chairs or a bench unit depending on the seating layout. The entire cabin is wrapped in leather to enhance the overall look and feel. The larger panoramic sunroof called the 'Skyroof' offers an airy feel to the cabin.
XUV700 ADAS Features & Others Safety Equipment
The XUV700 is the brand's first product to feature the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) technology. This will enable active safety features such as:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Smart Pilot Assist (SPA)
- Traffic sign recognition
- High-beam assist
- Driver Drowsiness Detection
The Auto Booster Headlamp features on the XUV700 switches on automatically when the vehicle exceeds 80km/h at night and disables the auto high beam assist. This increases visibility and adds to safety.
Additionally, the XUV700 also features a Personalised Safety Alert which alerts the driver if he exceeds a set speed. It can be programmed to sound out in the voice of a loved one.
Other safety features:
- 7 airbags
- Curtain airbags for all three rows
- Driver knee airbags
- Driver & co-passenger side airbags
- Dual frontal airbags
- Driver seat-belt lap pre-tensioner
- ABS with EBD as standard
- Front & side crash sensors
However, the company will also be offering a ton of optional accessories. This includes:
- Electrically-deployed smart door handles
- 3D Sound by Sony
- 360 surround view
- Blind view monitoring
- Electronic park brake
- Wireless charging
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 Launched In India
Well, Mahindra has hit it out of the park with the pricing of the XUV700. At 11.99 lakh, the XUV700 will go up against the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan.
While the prices of the 7-seater variant of the XUV700 are yet to be announced, we reckon it to be priced aggressively by Mahindra as well. The XUV700 7-seater rivals the Hyundai Alcazar, MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the upcoming Jeep Meridian.