- 1 hr ago Tata Motors To Increase Prices Again — Third Price Hike In 2021 For Tata Cars
- 1 hr ago Honda City Gets Google Assistant Feature: Fifth-Generation Sedan Gets Voice-Commands
- 3 hrs ago Tata Ace Gold Petrol CX Launched At Rs 3.99 Lakh: India’s Most-Affordable 4-Wheeler LCV
- 4 hrs ago Benelli 502c Launched In India At Rs 4.98 Lakh: 46bhp, TFT Display & USD Forks Available
- Movies Sonu Sood's Rare Childhood Pictures Which Make For A Perfect Trip Back In Time!
- News West Bengal govt gears up to fight against third wave of COVID-19; Issues new diet chart for kids
- Sports Take your time, you owe explanation to no one: Ravi Shastri on Simone Biles' withdrawal from Olympics
- Education JAC 10th Result 2021 Declared, 95.93% Students Pass In Jharkhand Board Result 10th 2021
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Last Day: Discounts On Gionee, Lava, Itel, I Kall Phones Under Rs. 7,000
- Finance Hiring Intent Picks Up Substantially For July-September Quarter
- Lifestyle 10 Common Foods And Drinks That Can Cause Stomach Pain; How Many Of These Do You Eat Regularly?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Mahindra recently concluded its annual Analyst Meet for 2021. In the meeting, the company announced the upcoming SUV portfolio for the Indian and international markets. Mahindra will launch 9 new SUV in the next six years.
Interestingly, the company has announced that 6 out of the 9 SUVs will feature electrification. This includes the next-in-line XUV700, W620, V201, XUV300, Born EV1, Born EV2. The Born EV1 and Born EV2 will be introduced as electric SUVs at the time of launch sometime in 2026.
However, remaining models such as the XUV700, W620, V201, the new XUV300 will all feature some form of electrification. This could include mild-hybrid or plug-in hybrid powertrains, which will be revealed at the time of launch.
The launch proceeding of the massive SUV line-up will begin with the arrival of XUV700 by the end of this year. The XUV700 will be replacing the XUV500 in the brand's line-up. The new SUV will feature modern technology and equipment including autonomous driver assistance systems.
The company will be offering the XUV700 with a host of powertrain options. This includes petrol and most likely a couple of diesel engines. The transmission options will include both manual and automatic along with four-wheel drive hardware as well — here are more details.
Following the launch of the XUV700 will be the all-new Scorpio. The company is currently testing the upcoming SUV and is scheduled to launch early next year. The new-generation Scorpio will feature a bigger footprint than the outgoing model.
The new Scorpio will feature a completely new design inside and out. The interiors of the workhorse SUV from Mahindra is all set to receive a premium appeal. Changes will be made under the hood as well. The 2022 Scorpio is expected to receive petrol and diesel powertrain similar to the ones seen on the new-generation Mahindra Thar.
Speaking about the Mahindra Thar, the company has also announced that the 5-door version of the off-road SUV will be launched sometime in the CY2023. The 5-door version of the off-road SUV will most likely borrow all features from the 3-door version including the powertrain options. However, we expect the 5-door to be sold as a hardtop version as standard.
The brand popular workhorse SUV, the Bolero will also be getting an update from the company sometime in 2025. It is expected to undergo a complete design and features revision along with possible changes made to the Ladder-On-Frame platform. The details regarding the changes on the all-new Bolero are scarce at the moment.
Moving on, the W620, V201 and the all-new XUV300 are all scheduled to launch sometime between 2024 and 2026. All these products are part of the brand's Monocoque construction line-up. The W620 will be the new coupe SUV from the brand, which is expected to be based on the XUV700. While the V201 could be the XUV500, launched in a new avatar to rivals the Hyundai Creta — here are more details.
The XUV300 is currently placed on the highly competitive compact-SUV segment in the Indian market. The company will be launching a new generation model in a couple of years. However, we can expect a mild facelift in between, which will help compete against new arrivals in the segment.
Lastly, the Born EV1 and Born EV2. These two SUVs will not be spawned from the IC engine model line-up. Instead, as the name suggests, they will be introduced as pure EVs and are specifically designed to suit the characteristics of an electric SUV. Both the Born EV1 and EV2 are scheduled to arrive sometime in 2025.
Ahead of the arrival of the EV1 and the EV2 electrified SUVs, we can expect Mahindra to launch the eKUV100 and eXUV300 electric vehicles that are spawned from its ICE counterparts. Both models are scheduled to arrive sometime next year.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Launching 9 New SUVs By 2026
Mahindra aims to offer an SUV in each segment catering to the growing demand in the Indian market. Additionally, the company is also looking to tap into the electric four-wheeler segment at a later date by introducing a couple of SUVs. Mahindra has also confirmed the arrival of the practical 5-door Thar to the Indian market.