- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 19 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 21 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News 'Catch the rain': PM Modi pitches for water conservation ahead of summers
- Sports Sune Luus to lead South Africa women in India; Van Niekerk, Chloe Tryon still out due to injuries
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Mahindra introduced its all-new Thar SUV in India last year. The new Mahindra Thar has gone on to become an extremely popular offering, with high demand in the country. The SUV now demands a long waiting period as Mahindra is working overtime to ensure customer deliveries are being met.
However, Rushlane reports that Mahindra has been suffering from a shortage of parts and accessories. According to the report, Mahindra Thar SUVs are being shipped to company dealerships without their infotainment unit and music system. The missing parts will reportedly be installed at a dealer-level, once received.
Reports suggest that the shortage of touchscreen infotainment units could be because of the global shortage of microprocessors. This means, customers waiting for their Thar SUV, might have to wait a little bit longer. Even though Mahindra has shipped the SUV to its dealerships, it will be stored at their stockyard. Deliveries of such SUVs will not be done until the missing parts have been installed.
The infotainment system on the Thar SUV, comes in the form of a seven-inch touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionalities. It also comes with in-built navigation and the brand's BlueSense app connectivity.
Reiterating the variants and specs of the Mahindra Thar, the SUV is offered in two main trims: AX and LX. Both variants are further offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The other is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine producing 130bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The AX variant of the Thar comes with a six-speed manual gearbox as standard on both engines. The LX trim, however, offers an optional six-speed torque-converter unit on both engines choices.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Spotted Without Infotainment Systems At Dealerships
Mahindra seems to be facing a stiff challenge in terms of meeting its rising demands for the Thar SUV in the Indian market. While most auto component manufacturers have recovered to pre-COVID production numbers, there are still a few who seem to be lagging behind.