- 38 min ago Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- Finance Nureca Makes Stellar Market Debut, Lists At Over 50% Premium
- Sports India vs England, 3rd Test: Zak Crawley: Visitors frustrated seeing third umpire call going against them
- News Coronavirus cases: India reports 16,738 new COVID-19 cases, 138 deaths in last 24 hours
- Movies Nithiin Reddy Talks About His Dream To Share Screen Space With Pawan Kalyan And Vakeel Saab’s Release
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For February 25, 2021: Your Chance To Win Sony DSLR Camera
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sanya Malhotra: Her Top 3 Stunning Fashion Moments Decoded
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Mahindra introduced its all-new Thar SUV in India last year. The new Mahindra Thar has gone on to become an extremely popular offering, with high demand in the country. The SUV now demands a long waiting period as Mahindra is working overtime to ensure customer deliveries are being met.
However, Rushlane reports that Mahindra has been suffering from a shortage of parts and accessories. According to the report, Mahindra Thar SUVs are being shipped to company dealerships without their infotainment unit and music system. The missing parts will reportedly be installed at a dealer-level, once received.
Reports suggest that the shortage of touchscreen infotainment units could be because of the global shortage of microprocessors. This means, customers waiting for their Thar SUV, might have to wait a little bit longer. Even though Mahindra has shipped the SUV to its dealerships, it will be stored at their stockyard. Deliveries of such SUVs will not be done until the missing parts have been installed.
The infotainment system on the Thar SUV, comes in the form of a seven-inch touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionalities. It also comes with in-built navigation and the brand's BlueSense app connectivity.
Reiterating the variants and specs of the Mahindra Thar, the SUV is offered in two main trims: AX and LX. Both variants are further offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The other is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine producing 130bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The AX variant of the Thar comes with a six-speed manual gearbox as standard on both engines. The LX trim, however, offers an optional six-speed torque-converter unit on both engines choices.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Spotted Without Infotainment Systems At Dealerships
Mahindra seems to be facing a stiff challenge in terms of meeting its rising demands for the Thar SUV in the Indian market. While most auto component manufacturers have recovered to pre-COVID production numbers, there are still a few who seem to be lagging behind.