- 11 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: Hyundai Registers Over 26 Percent Yearly Growth In Sales
- 13 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: Toyota Registers 27 Percent Monthly Growth In Domestic Sales
- 13 hrs ago Tata HBX Micro SUV Launch Confirmed For This Year: Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- 15 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Removed From The Company's Official Website: Here's Why!
- Technology Amazon Special Offer: No Cost EMI And Exchange Offers On OnePlus Smartphones And Accessories
- News Karnataka SSLC exams postponed by a week, to begin from June 21: Check timetable
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Hosts A Bigg Boss 14 Party: Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Sonali Phogat & Others Attend
- Sports Shaw to lead Mumbai in Vijay Hazare knockouts
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021: SSLC Exams In Karnataka To Start From June 21. Check Class 10 Board Exam Details
- Finance Best Tax Saving FDs With Good Returns Up To 7.25%
- Lifestyle Love Playing With Colours? Then Janhvi Kapoor And Pooja Hegde’s Multicolour Fashion Pieces Are For You!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In March
Mahindra introduced its all-new Thar SUV in India last year. The new Mahindra Thar has gone on to become an extremely popular offering, with high demand in the country. The SUV now demands a long waiting period as Mahindra is working overtime to ensure customer deliveries are being met.
However, Rushlane reports that Mahindra has been suffering from a shortage of parts and accessories. According to the report, Mahindra Thar SUVs are being shipped to company dealerships without their infotainment unit and music system. The missing parts will reportedly be installed at a dealer-level, once received.
Reports suggest that the shortage of touchscreen infotainment units could be because of the global shortage of microprocessors. This means, customers waiting for their Thar SUV, might have to wait a little bit longer. Even though Mahindra has shipped the SUV to its dealerships, it will be stored at their stockyard. Deliveries of such SUVs will not be done until the missing parts have been installed.
The infotainment system on the Thar SUV, comes in the form of a seven-inch touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionalities. It also comes with in-built navigation and the brand's BlueSense app connectivity.
Reiterating the variants and specs of the Mahindra Thar, the SUV is offered in two main trims: AX and LX. Both variants are further offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The other is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine producing 130bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The AX variant of the Thar comes with a six-speed manual gearbox as standard on both engines. The LX trim, however, offers an optional six-speed torque-converter unit on both engines choices.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Spotted Without Infotainment Systems At Dealerships
Mahindra seems to be facing a stiff challenge in terms of meeting its rising demands for the Thar SUV in the Indian market. While most auto component manufacturers have recovered to pre-COVID production numbers, there are still a few who seem to be lagging behind.