- 18 min ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 15 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 17 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 18 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Canelo outclasses Yildirim in emphatic world title defence
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- News Gurugram condominium declared containment zone after 20 residents test Covid-19 positive
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Mahindra has updated the price list of its new-generation Thar SUV in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Thar prices have now been hiked between Rs 20,000 and Rs 40,000, across all variants.
The Mahindra Thar is available in two broad trim levels: AX and LX. Both trims are further offered in a range of variants, with different powertrain and roof options(hardtop and convertible tops). The Mahindra Thar now comes with a new starting price of Rs 12.10 lakh; an increase of Rs 20,000 from the previous price of Rs 11.90 lakh.
The top-spec variant of the Mahindra Thar is now priced at Rs 14.15 lakh, compared to the previous Rs 13.75 lakh; which is a hike of Rs 40,000. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Here are the new variant-wise prices of the Mahindra Thar:
|Variant||New Price||Old Price|
|AX (O) Petrol MT CT||Rs12,10,337||Rs11,90,000|
|AX (O) Diesel MT CT||Rs12,30,337||Rs12,10,000|
|AX (O) Diesel MT HT||Rs12,40,337||Rs12,20,000|
|LX Petrol MT HT||Rs12,79,337||Rs12,49,000|
|LX Diesel MT CT||Rs13,15,336||Rs12,85,000|
|LX Diesel MT HT||Rs13,25,337||Rs12,95,000|
|LX Petrol AT CT||Rs13,85,337||Rs13,45,000|
|LX Petrol AT HT||Rs13,95,336||Rs13,55,000|
|LX Diesel AT CT||Rs14,05,336||Rs13,65,000|
|LX Diesel AT HT||Rs14,15,338||Rs13,75,000|
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
CT: Convertible Top & HT: HardTop
Apart from the price hike, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar. The SUV was introduced in the Indian market late last year and has been received extremely well. The new Mahindra Thar comes with a refreshed design, with much larger dimensions, new features, modern styling and stronger engine options; making it a more attractive offering.
The Thar as mentioned before, is now available either as a premium lifestyle SUV with the ‘LX' trim, while the ‘AX' trim is more oriented towards the off-road enthusiasts. However, all trims offer excellent off-road capabilities, carrying forward the legacy of the older generation model.
The new Mahindra Thar is also offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine on offer churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission units. The SUV also comes with a ‘shift-on-fly' four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Price Hike
The Mahindra Thar is one of the most iconic off-road SUVs offered in the Indian market. The SUV has garnered a lot of demand in the Indian market and rivals the likes of upcoming Force Gurkha.