- 1 hr ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- 1 hr ago Isuzu MU-X, D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander BS6 Cars Expected To Launch Next Week: Details
- 3 hrs ago Pratap Bose To Head Mahindra's New Global Design Centre? Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- News About 12,500 oxygen beds getting ready, Remdesivir to be available in 5 districts: Tamil Nadu Minister
- Finance 5 Banks That Give You Returns Up To 7.50% On 1-2 Year Fixed Deposits
- Education Mother’s Day 2021: Some Beautiful Quotes To Express Love For Your Mother
- Technology BSNL Removes Installation Charges From All Services: Know Why
- Movies Radhika Apte Shares Tips To Keep Body & Mind Healthy Amid The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Lifestyle House Of The Dragon Actress Olivia Cooke’s Cute High Ponytail Hairstyle Gives Retro Feel; Pictures Inside!
- Sports COVID-19: Rahane receives first dose of vaccine
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The new Mahindra Thar was expected to be a runaway success and it has done just that in style with 50,000+ bookings in just 6 months. The SUV has taken the market by storm with its bold design, feature-packed interiors and powerful engine options and has now crossed this new milestone.
The previous-generation Mahindra Thar was a game-changer for the brand as it further strengthened Mahindra's roots and spread an aura of adventure throughout its product portfolio. For most people, the old Thar was more of a blank canvas than a complete painting. It was a vehicle that welcomed customization so that it could be the reflection of the user's personality.
However, with changing times consumer trends changed and it was evident from the sales numbers themselves. Also, the Mahindra Thar needed a revamp. To cope up with the new consumer trends and to breathe fresh life into the Thar, Mahindra began working on the next-generation.
The news of the new Thar spread like wildfire amongst enthusiasts, but Mahindra took their own sweet time in unveiling the new Mahindra Thar to the public. Finally, Mahindra launched the new-generation Thar towards the end of 2020. It impressed people from all backgrounds and had enthusiasts scampering to own one.
Within a span of just six months, the Mahindra Thar has racked up 50,000 bookings and that is fabulous performance for a lifestyle off-roader in a country filled with hatchbacks and entry-level sedans.
The new Mahindra Thar is available with a choice of one petrol and one diesel engine. The 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine produces 150bhp and 320Nm of torque, while the 2.2-litre diesel engine produces an identical torque output with a slightly lower peak power of 130bhp. A 6-speed manual transmission is available across the range as standard, while there is a 6-speed automatic transmission also on offer with both petrol and diesel engines.
The new Mahindra Thar gets independent front suspension and multi-link suspension at the rear, which vastly improves the on-road manners over its predecessor. It also has shift-on-the-fly 4X4, a mechanical locking differential, brake locking differential and electromechanical driveline disconnect to suit the demands during off-roading.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Crossing 50,000+ Bookings Milestone
It isn't surprising to see the Mahindra Thar completing 50,000+ bookings within 6-months. Overall, the new Mahindra Thar has become a more mature, sophisticated, and well-rounded package that appeals to a wider audience without losing an ounce of its soul in the process.