- 1 day ago Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Taigun Launched In India At Rs 10.49 Lakh: All You Need To Know
- 2 days ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup Announced; GT-R650 Race Bike Revealed
- 2 days ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- Finance Banking And IT Stocks To Buy As Recommended By Top Brokerages
- Technology Amazon Oppo A Series Quiz: Check Here Answers, How To Play & More
- Movies Love Story Day 1 Box Office Collection: Blockbuster Opening For Naga Chaitanya-Sai Pallavi Starrer!
- News Quad leaders' summit: Here's what Modi, Biden, Morrison and Suga said in opening remarks
- Sports IPL 2021: RCB vs CSK: Full List of Award Winners, Man of the Match, Post-match Presentation Highlights
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen From October 4, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad Announces
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Lifestyle Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
The new Mahindra Thar was expected to be a runaway success and it has done just that in style with 50,000+ bookings in just 6 months. The SUV has taken the market by storm with its bold design, feature-packed interiors and powerful engine options and has now crossed this new milestone.
The previous-generation Mahindra Thar was a game-changer for the brand as it further strengthened Mahindra's roots and spread an aura of adventure throughout its product portfolio. For most people, the old Thar was more of a blank canvas than a complete painting. It was a vehicle that welcomed customization so that it could be the reflection of the user's personality.
However, with changing times consumer trends changed and it was evident from the sales numbers themselves. Also, the Mahindra Thar needed a revamp. To cope up with the new consumer trends and to breathe fresh life into the Thar, Mahindra began working on the next-generation.
The news of the new Thar spread like wildfire amongst enthusiasts, but Mahindra took their own sweet time in unveiling the new Mahindra Thar to the public. Finally, Mahindra launched the new-generation Thar towards the end of 2020. It impressed people from all backgrounds and had enthusiasts scampering to own one.
Within a span of just six months, the Mahindra Thar has racked up 50,000 bookings and that is fabulous performance for a lifestyle off-roader in a country filled with hatchbacks and entry-level sedans.
The new Mahindra Thar is available with a choice of one petrol and one diesel engine. The 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine produces 150bhp and 320Nm of torque, while the 2.2-litre diesel engine produces an identical torque output with a slightly lower peak power of 130bhp. A 6-speed manual transmission is available across the range as standard, while there is a 6-speed automatic transmission also on offer with both petrol and diesel engines.
The new Mahindra Thar gets independent front suspension and multi-link suspension at the rear, which vastly improves the on-road manners over its predecessor. It also has shift-on-the-fly 4X4, a mechanical locking differential, brake locking differential and electromechanical driveline disconnect to suit the demands during off-roading.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Crossing 50,000+ Bookings Milestone
It isn't surprising to see the Mahindra Thar completing 50,000+ bookings within 6-months. Overall, the new Mahindra Thar has become a more mature, sophisticated, and well-rounded package that appeals to a wider audience without losing an ounce of its soul in the process.