- 11 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 12 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Mahindra has silently introduced a new base variant to its Scorpio SUV in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Scorpio variant comes in the form of S3+ trim, positioned below the previous entry-level trim, the S5.
The new Mahindra Scorpio S3+ variant is priced at Rs 11.99 lakh, which is Rs 68,000 more affordable than the S5 trim priced at Rs 12.67 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Bookings for the new trim can be made either online or via any of the brand's dealership across India. Deliveries for the same are expected to start shortly.
The S3 trim on the Scorpio was previously discontinued, during the SUV's transition to BS6. However, the variant has now been brought back, offering the SUV at a more affordable starting price.
The new Scorpio S3+ carries forward most of the features and equipment available on the S5 trim. However, the new entry-level trim does miss out on a couple of them, including a side-step, speed-sensing door lock, vinyl seat upholstery and unpainted body cladding on the front and rear bumpers.
The Scorpio S3+ does continue to offer equipment such as a set of 17-inch steel wheels, manual central locking, tilt adjust steering, manual HVAC, engine start/stop and rear parking sensors. Mahindra will be offering the new Scorpio S3+ with either a 7 or 9-seater configuration. The SUV will come with side-facing bench seats on the last row.
The new entry-level trim of the Mahindra Scorpio will come powered by the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. However, similar to the lower-spec trims, the S3+ will come with a de-tuned version producing 120bhp and 280Nm of peak torque. It will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, powering the rear wheels.
The new Mahindra Scorpio S3+ variant continues to be offered in the same four paint schemes as the S5. This includes Diamond White, Dsat Silver, Molten Red Rage & Napoli Black.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Scorpio S3+ Variant Launch
The new Mahindra Scorpio S3+ variant now comes as a more affordable option in the model's lineup. The Scorpio is one of the most popular SUVs in the Indian market, bringing in consistent sales month-on-month. Mahindra will be hoping that the inclusion of the more affordable variant, will help improve sales even further.