- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Suriya And Jyotika Receive The First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine: Pictures Go Viral!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Mahindra has dispatched 3,406 units of the Thar, which has recorded its all-time highest monthly volume in April 2021. The model volumes went up to 78 per cent in April 2021 when compared to March 2021. Also, The new Mahindra Thar, in the previous month, crossed the 50,000+ bookings in just 6 months.
However, the Bolero, which is Mahindra's best-selling car, sales have declined by 31 per cent in April 2021 over March 2021. The XUV300 sold 4,144 units and currently is the second best-selling model that has recorded 60 per cent growth after the Thar. On the other hand, Mahindra Scorpio has increased its sales by a healthy 53 per cent. The Scorpio is due for a facelift and will be launching soon.
The KUV100 did not do well. Also, the Marazzo and the Alturas G4 saw a decline of 37 per cent and 51 per cent respectively. Mahindra's sales volumes increased by 9 per cent in Apr 2021 when compared to March 2021 and it was due to the good sales increase for the Scorpio, XUV300 and Thar.
Talking a little about the Thar, mechanically, the SUV is powered by both petrol and diesel engines. It includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All variants come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive systems with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Also, in other recent Mahindra news, the company is gearing up to launch the new SUV called the XUV700 in the Indian market. The XUV700 is expected to be launched sometime in October this year. Once launched, the XUV700 will be placed above the outgoing XUV500. The engine options on the XUV700 is expected to be a powerful version of the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel and the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol engines seen on the Mahindra Thar.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Sales Report for April 2021
As per the report the Mahindra Thar has recorded its highest sales for April 2021. The other car did well but some also saw a decline in sales and that is due to the ongoing second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.