- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News Thane: Pet turtle dies after falling from 20th floor, owner booked
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Mahinda & Mahindra Group recently announced its efforts to help the nation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. At the helm of the recent relief measures announced by the group is Anand Mahindra himself.
The company has announced a new initiative called ‘Oxygen On Wheels', which is aimed at helping fill the huge demand for Medical Oxygen in the State of Maharastra. Mahindra Group will be using a big line-up of Bolero commercial trucks filled with jumbo oxygen cylinders.
These trucks will be controlled via an operation control centre that will form a bridge between hospitals and oxygen prodcution centres in the state. This move will ensure the timely delivery of oxygen to hospitals and overcome current logistical challenges in the transportation of medical oxygen.
Announcing the news on his Twitter handle Mr Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra Group, said, "Today, Oxygen is the key to reducing mortality. The problem is not of oxygen production but its transportation from producing plants to hospitals & homes. We're attempting to bridge this gap with "Oxygen on Wheels" a project implemented via Mahindra Logistics."
He further added, "The ‘Oxygen on Wheels' uses trucks in local shuttle routes to connect oxygen producers with hospitals/homes. An operations control Centre has been established. The storage location is replenished from the local refilling plant. A direct-to-consumer model is being conceived."
Explaining the commitment to the initiative, Mr Mahindra further added, "I made a commitment to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra on Tuesday. Within just 48 hours of committing, the Mahindra Logistics team launched the program in Pune & Chakan with 20 Boleros. 61 Jumbo cylinders have already been delivered to 13 hospitals in urgent need. I'm deeply grateful to the team."
He further added, "The rollout plan includes Mumbai, Thane, Nashik, Nagpur going live with another 50-75 Bolero pickups on the road in the next 48 hours. We have started in Maharashtra but will expand this through the country relying on the support of our trusted dealership network & the assistance of local administrations to succeed."
Joining the company's efforts is also the Tech Mahindra group. The company has turned its Cafeteria at its Noida facility, into a 40-bed Covid-19 facility. Tech Mahindra has partnered with Fortis to set up beds at the Nodia office.
Thoughts About The Mahindra ‘Oxygen On Wheels' Initiative Launched To Fight Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
The company aims to overcome the current logistical challenges in the supply of medical oxygen with the new initiative. Mahindra Group has been an active participant to help the Covid9 pandemic in the country with various relief measures. The company continues its support during the second wave of the Covid-19 virus spread in the country.