- 4 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 5 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 6 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 8 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Sports Former Olympic gold medallist shuttler Markis Kido passes away
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Movies Exclusive: Nikita Rawal On Bold OTT Content And Why She Has Declined Such Offers
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Recently there were rumours of Mahindra Marazzo and KUV100 getting discontinued in the Indian market. However, the company has clarified that both models will not be taken off the shelves and will continue to be sold in the country.
According to the report from carandbike, the company has denied any rumours around the Marazzo and KUV100 sales ceasing to exist. Instead, Mahindra stated that the Marazzo is due for a major upgrade in the coming months.
Earlier rumours of the MPV getting an optional automatic transmission has been confirmed by the company. Mahindra is expected to launch the Marazzo automatic soon. The automatic gearbox in question will be a six-speed AMT mated to the same 1.5-litre diesel engine.
The diesel-automatic version of the MPV has also been spotted several times testing in the country ahead of its launch. The Marazzo AMT is expected to be offered in three trims: M2, M4+ and M6+. All of the features on the respective trims will be carried over from their manual counterpart.
Currently, the Mahindra Marazzo MPV comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. The same power and torque figures are expected to be carried forward on the automatic variant.
Coming to the other model in question, the Mahindra KUV100. As stated by the company, the micro-SUV an integral part of the brand's portfolio. Although the sales have dropped in the home market, the demand for the KUV100 has picked up internationally.
In April 2021, the company sold 5 units of the micro-SUV in India and exported 312 units overseas. As a result, Mahindra will continue the production and sales of the KUV100 in Indian and international markets.
Mahindra is also gearing up to launch the KUV100's electric version in the Indian market. Called the eKUV100, was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Its plucky design and decent range would make it an ideal daily driver in the electrification era.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo & KUV100 Not Getting Discontinued
Mahindra will continue sales of the Marazzo and the KUV100. The Marazzo will be getting a major update, which is expected to boost sales of its model in the Indian market. On the other hand, the KUV100's demand overseas has convinced the company to continue the production of micro-SUV.