- 9 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 23 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 24 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- News Delta plus variant: Maharashtra imposes stricter norms, Level 3 curbs to continue to contain COVID-19 spread
- Education Odisha Madhyama Result And Open School Exam Result 2021 Declared
- Movies Vijay To Repeat Pokkiri Magic In Nelson Dilipkumar’s Beast; Here’s How!
- Technology Garmin Forerunner 55 With SpO2 Monitor Announced In India; Features Price, And More
- Finance COVID-19 Impact: Passenger Taffic At Bengaluru Airport Dips 66%
- Sports Lille start Ligue 1 title defence at Metz, PSG travel to newly-promoted Troyes
- Lifestyle Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Ravishing In These 3 Different Outfits From Her Song, Saiyaan Ji
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
Recently there were rumours of Mahindra Marazzo and KUV100 getting discontinued in the Indian market. However, the company has clarified that both models will not be taken off the shelves and will continue to be sold in the country.
According to the report from carandbike, the company has denied any rumours around the Marazzo and KUV100 sales ceasing to exist. Instead, Mahindra stated that the Marazzo is due for a major upgrade in the coming months.
Earlier rumours of the MPV getting an optional automatic transmission has been confirmed by the company. Mahindra is expected to launch the Marazzo automatic soon. The automatic gearbox in question will be a six-speed AMT mated to the same 1.5-litre diesel engine.
The diesel-automatic version of the MPV has also been spotted several times testing in the country ahead of its launch. The Marazzo AMT is expected to be offered in three trims: M2, M4+ and M6+. All of the features on the respective trims will be carried over from their manual counterpart.
Currently, the Mahindra Marazzo MPV comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. The same power and torque figures are expected to be carried forward on the automatic variant.
Coming to the other model in question, the Mahindra KUV100. As stated by the company, the micro-SUV an integral part of the brand's portfolio. Although the sales have dropped in the home market, the demand for the KUV100 has picked up internationally.
In April 2021, the company sold 5 units of the micro-SUV in India and exported 312 units overseas. As a result, Mahindra will continue the production and sales of the KUV100 in Indian and international markets.
Mahindra is also gearing up to launch the KUV100's electric version in the Indian market. Called the eKUV100, was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Its plucky design and decent range would make it an ideal daily driver in the electrification era.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo & KUV100 Not Getting Discontinued
Mahindra will continue sales of the Marazzo and the KUV100. The Marazzo will be getting a major update, which is expected to boost sales of its model in the Indian market. On the other hand, the KUV100's demand overseas has convinced the company to continue the production of micro-SUV.